Need help removing front seat brackets.

blackbombshell95

I'm installing my 05 GP leather seats in my 95. I started by removing the passenger seat. But i can't remove the tracks. I removed the 2 torx lookin bits in the front of the tracks. But i can't remove the rear part. How can I do this?

well maybe if you mean JUST the tracks and not the seat brackets. power seat tracks are i guess what you would call riveted to the seat brackets. manual seat tracks are bolted to the seat brackets, two nuts on each track.

i thought supreme style21 meant he was trying to take the seat/bracket assembly off of the seats. if that's the case, there are 6 bolts holding the actual seat to the bracket/track assembley, not counting the four bolts on the manual seat tracks.

How do you remove a seat when the track has a penny in it preventing the seat from moving forward? Can't remove the seat to get to the penny and can't get to the penny without removing the seat!

Tim

well maybe if you mean JUST the tracks and not the seat brackets. power seat tracks are i guess what you would call riveted to the seat brackets. manual seat tracks are bolted to the seat brackets, two nuts on each track.

i thought supreme style21 meant he was trying to take the seat/bracket assembly off of the seats. if that's the case, there are 6 bolts holding the actual seat to the bracket/track assembley, not counting the four bolts on the manual seat tracks.

There are two bolts and two giant rivets. I took the two bolts out and ground off the two rivets.