cutlass cell phone

stockgp

looking at alldata, andi see that some cuttys were available with a cell phone. does anyone have this or know anything about it? i've never heard of nor have i seen it before.

The console I got from Slick94 had one.. It only came to me with the phone, mount, and the tower it hooked onto.. I was trying to get it to power on at least through my car's power, because it looked cool.. But the phone itself was dead.. Ah well.. I'm using the parts to make something else :wink:

hey how about some pics? i can't imagine they were old school bag phones like Justin says, but maybe.

are you sure the phone is dead? i can post the diagrams if you want to make sure

hey how about some pics? i can't imagine they were old school bag phones like Justin says, but maybe.

are you sure the phone is dead? i can post the diagrams if you want to make sure

The bag phone is basically a 'car' phone, as you would invision, but in a bag. I've got a 'bag' phone mounted in my car. It consists of the phone, and the reciever, control box, module, whatever you wanna call it. I got it because it gets reception where no regular handheld phone would function. I do a lot of 'out of service' driving, so its there just-in-case.

oh i know what it is. both of my parents had one when they were still new.

i just figured as late as 97 they would have used a built-in unit. you know with an automatic radio attenuator and a mic in the visor or something.

I've seen it in Toronados, but never in a Cutty. It's pretty much an old-school bag phone built into the center console.

what you mean like the Zach Morris phone? :lol:

The ones that the battery was so big that you had to carry it in a pouch around your waist. The kind where when you would answer it, your arms would barely be long enough to pull out the entire antanae(sp) and when you would put it up to your ear it would throw you off balance from the weight. :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I remember those. kinda like this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Motorola-DynaTAC-8000-Vintage-Brick-Cellular-Phone-1993_W0QQitemZ5814041597QQcategoryZ64355QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you pull the 1992-era Cutlass Supreme radio out of the console, there is an input on the back for a 'cell phone' if I remember correctly.

I sure wouldn't mind knowing how to get that input to work with a MP3 player, for example, an iPOD. Any ideas?

If you pull the 1992-era Cutlass Supreme radio out of the console, there is an input on the back for a 'cell phone' if I remember correctly.

Now that I won't believe unless someone posts a pic....

....if only I was in the mood to rip my dash apart.... I swear there is an input on the back of the stock radio/cassette deck, the one with a gazillion buttons. Heck, I'm an EE, I should be able to figure this one out, anyone want to give me an iPOD to play with for a few months? ;)

....if only I was in the mood to rip my dash apart.... I swear there is an input on the back of the stock radio/cassette deck, the one with a gazillion buttons. Heck, I'm an EE, I should be able to figure this one out, anyone want to give me an iPOD to play with for a few months? ;)

disc changer?

I'll probably end up getting to the bottom of it. Just got home from an 500-mile drive in the middle of nowhere in Canada this morning -- about 350 of those miles, the only radio station available was an AM 'jesus' station -- yes, only religious broadcasts available, very boring.

My grandpa had one in his Lincoln Towncar, and he had it "activated" and everything. I thought it was cool as hell. You flip up the arm rest and the phone was inside. Then you tell the phone who to call after it asks you. I recall the mic was in the visor and the other person talking could be heard through the car's stereo.