Blowing relay fuses in 88-90 Grand Prix's

2001BonnSLE

I discovered this when I owned my 1988 GP. I was driving home from work when I went over a bump and the car quit..Just cut out..I could not re start it.Well looked everything over and I had blown a 30amp relay.No problem went to Autozone picked a couple of them up and off I went.Well I blew those in just a few minutes have having them..So I searched and found that if you take the dash out There are wires that run from the firewall on the passenger side around the vent ducts and run along this bracket that supprts the dash from the inside (center part of the dash just to the right of the radio)..Well the wires had rubbed against this bracket or brace and had rubbed through creating a short..Well repaired them and made sure it could never happen again..I just thought that I would pass this know how on incase any one else experiences this problem and think wth is going on?Well hope this helps someone...