Daily Drivers v Stored

19Cutlass94

Is your car a daily driver, or is it a stored car (a.k.a. Good Weather car)  

1. 1. Is your car a daily driver, or is it a stored car (a.k.a. Good Weather car)

I bought my TSTE in December of '03, and that winter of course i drove it all winter (as it was my first car and i had no choice). In October of '04 the day after I bought a beater (so I could store it) the trans went out, and I was therefore forced to store it. This winter I can't really drive my T/A in the winter so I kinda have to drive the STE, even though the STE is a much nicer car. Hopefully by next winter I'll be able to store it again.

My dad drives his TGP as his daily driver and stores his GTP in rain/snow.

Shawn

I park my GS in the Winter cause i want to keep it for as long as i can, plus, with the small amount of rust that has started behind the ground effects, winter would be hell for it.

90 TGP is stored, pretty much all year. :lol:

94 Cutlass is a daily driver.

89 Cutlass is stored during winter mainly because my truck's 4x4 gets around a lot better in bad weather, not to mention I sold its factory wheels and 18's aren't going to get around very well in snow anyway.

I like the W's too much to consider them beaters.

Will drive my cutty in rain, in the summer, but once the snow flies it gets stored in my garage and my sunfire gets driven then. In the summer I use both sunfire and cutlass, mostly cutlass as it has A/C. Next summer however cutlass won't see much use as I'll be putting the 5 speed I'm getting into it! :D

My car is my only car and is/will be a daily driver after I get my liscense. :) Then it will still be a daily driver when I find a 3.1 or 3100 Beretta for a project. :twisted:

Why store a 3,000 dollar car. Perhaps if I had a 95 thousand dollar car, sure. This thing is driven until the wheels fall off. Its washed before the snowfall and then in the spring. Otherwise its covered in salt and road debris. Never had a problem with rust.

If you drive your car in the rain then there's no reason to be afraid of snow. It's the same thing.

When/if SALT is thrown all over the ground THAT is when you need to worry about rust problems.

yea, but up here, they use liquid salt :/

GG new england

Regular salt turns to "liquid" after anyways, same deal. :thumbdown:

That's why the bottem of my car is covered in oil right now, cause I don't want it to end up like my 88 GP did. :(

that and 98% of this board would shoot me if i drove the TGP in the winter

and they throw the liquid stuff down before any snow storm, so the roads salty before the snow even hits

If you drive your car in the rain then there's no reason to be afraid of snow. It's the same thing.

When/if SALT is thrown all over the ground THAT is when you need to worry about rust problems.

they use salt all over up here and I've never had rust develop.