Daily Drivers v Stored

19Cutlass94

Is your car a daily driver, or is it a stored car (a.k.a. Good Weather car)  

1. 1. Is your car a daily driver, or is it a stored car (a.k.a. Good Weather car)

I know alot of guys on here have daily drivers, like mine. Gets driven almost everyday, even in winter with the salt :cry: The guys up north can relate to this more because we have the salt and the snow and all that good stuff. You guys down south, dont have to worry about that. Not to say you dont store your car, but still. Like I said, mines a daily driver but Im hoping to find a winter beater.

Unless I spent a buttload of money into an engine swap and paint job, my car will remain all-season.

The only w-body I would consider storing would be a TGP since I consider them "rare".

DD

I like double D's. Oh, wait, you meant something else. Anyway, I've driven the cars I've cared about year-round and it always leads to their demise no matter how hard you try to keep them clean. That's the point I'm at with my '89. I really like the car and have put lots of money into it, but now rust is setting in. It's currently out of commission, needing repairs and I just can't decide what I'm going to do with it. I guess the moral is that if you want to keep a car nice & be able to justify putting money into it, keep it away from road salt.

I drive my car everyday except on rainy and snowy days. I also don't allow the kids in or around my car because I think they can destroy it fast than any bad weather can. So to answer this poll is kind of difficut because yes it's my daily driver except for bad weather days it sits in the garage.

gtp == daily driver / bad weather / winter driver

tgp == the toy, :D gotta be a good day to take that out. i cant wait to get home and drive it again!!! getting stored in the winter

94 Cutlass, is my Daily driver.. That was the reason i got it.. Basic A to B transport

90 Lumina, is my project car, and sure as hell WIL be stored in the winter.. It just makes sense!

87 6000, has seen its share of winters, and is now "mothballed".. It's future is actually quite uncertain :(

My Oldsmobile is a solid car, and I will POR15 the hell out of it when this winter gets a nice coat of rust built up underneath 8)

My STE is a fair weather car. Although I can't really say I "store" it in the winter time, just don't drive it. I have no storage space, so it just sits in it's parking spot most of winter.

Daily Driver...even with a little less than 38k on it...it had rust on the underbody when i bought it with 14k. I'm in college and its real reliable so i'll run the crap out of it.

My Lumina is just a every day driver/beater. I don't drive any of the other cars in the winter except the Silverado, and occasionally the Corsica.

969 Road Runner 440ci | 1969 Road Runner 440ci

1976 Trans Am 455ci | 1978 Trans Am 455ci | 1980 Trans Am WS6 T/A-6.6

1985 Ram Charger 5.2L 4x4 | 1987 Silverado K20 5.7L 4x4

1988 Corsica 2.8L MPFI V6 | 1995 Lumina 3.1L SFI V6

holy shit you just might have a few cars! i'm hoping that the trans ams and the road runner's are garaged?!?

The cutlass has been stored the last three winters not because that was the plan, but because it always breaks something major :lol: (blew the tranny2 ago, last winter was t-belt, and this year its the whole engine)

If my car was a daily driver I wouldn't of gotten as much done as I got now. I've had her for a year and a half now, still havent registered her nor bought insurance as of yet. I do want to seriouly drive her this month. Im hoping I can earn some good cash if I pick up a project or two. I need some rims and rubber.

Cutlass was the daily driver, TSTE is now.

I'd love to have a 4wd beater for the winter, but it's just not practical (or possible, really) for me to pay for/insure two cars.

The Cutlass is my bad weather driver, the Vette is the nice weather driver, and the Jeep is the winter driver. I guess the Z34 has been stored for the last year or so, waiting for me to finally decide to sell it.

My Lumina is a daily driver. It sees all types of shit thrown at it...especially in winter. It also gets the shit kicked out of it in winter here because my city is terrible at road maintence during the winter and we always have 6" huge or better ruts on our roads :D:?:( anyway, W-body's make for great winter cars...they are just a good all around vehicle unles you have something more rare.