Buying a TGP vs my GTP

JakeMetz63

\I really want to buy a TGP. I have a 94 GTP with just about a brand new engine in it, less than 3k miles on the engine right now and the tranny was rebuilt about 25k miles ago. The body of the car has about 110k miles on it. The interior is perfect, but the exterior is about 90%. Theres a spot from when I let my mom borrow it and she pulled too far up a curb and cracked the front fender under the foglight, it shouldnt be too hard to fix. There is a couple of dimples on the side that are only noticeable when looking at it from an angle. I HATE the color of the car. Its that light blue/teal color that is just hideous. It looks good at night, but its UGLY in the sun.

Im trying to figure out if its worth repainting my car and doing the body work to make it look nice and keep the GTP for another few years, or to try to sell it and buy a TGP. I would love to be able to buy Skalor's if he sells it this spring.

But I would like to put a 5 speed into the GTP and eventually turbo it, which would cost lots and is already done in Skalor's car. And if he does sell it for 2800, I would be all over it and hopefully be able to sell the GTP for somewhere close to there and pretty much just switch cars with me only spending a minimal amount of money.

So a few questions, do you think I would be able to get around 2500 out of the GTP? I would probably be looking at another few thousand to put the 284 and turbo in it, so I dont think its worth it for a 94 W body.

I just want a damn TGP!!!!

Wiat a minute.....Skalor is getting rid of his TGP????

I don't think $2,500 should be a problem for a good condition '94 GTP, which, aside from a few cosmetic blemishes, it sounds like it is. Just remember, though, the upkeep of a TGP motor isn't exactly cheap, either, though I'm sure Skalor took care of most of the common problems on that thing by now.

You might be able to get $2500 out of your GTP, but honestly I would be suprised if you get more then $2000 for it......it really depends on the circumstances when you actually sell it. I was only able to get $3200 out of my loaded '97 Cutlass when I sold it this spring. :shrug:

on the TGP board he said that hes getting the word out there that he wants to sell it this spring and turbo his cutlass. So im more than interested in it. If this is incorrect Skalor, please corect me.