Info about the stock TGP spark table...

TurboZ24

Ok, I'm about too replace Steve (Jux's) turbo wagon's ECM with a haltech unit. I got the stock TGP spark table from Ben, but I wanted too know...

Load it listed as 0 too 190. I'd assume 100 would still be 0 psi boost and 190 would be the boost limited 9.5. Is this correct?

If anyone can answer this question or any questions about the stock table, I'd appreciate it

According to the KPA to boost calcuations, 190 kpa is .90 bar which = 11.76 psi so I would assume that is what it is. Even though fuel cut off is ~8.36? And I'm assuming were looking at the Main Spark Advance Table?

According to the KPA to boost calcuations, 190 kpa is .90 bar which = 11.76 psi so I would assume that is what it is. Even though fuel cut off is ~8.36? And I'm assuming were looking at the Main Spark Advance Table?

190 kPa is 1.9 bar, and it's ~27.55 psi. Remember though that you are already at one atmoshpere so you subract 14.503 psi(100 kPa, or 1 bar). It ends up being ~13.05 psi. You are right about the stock overboost fuelcut being 8.36 psi though. :D

190 kPa is 1.9 bar, and it's ~27.55 psi. Remember though that you are already at one atmoshpere so you subract 14.503 psi(100 kPa, or 1 bar). It ends up being ~13.05 psi. You are right about the stock overboost fuelcut being 8.36 psi though. :D

:oops: :oops: Oh yeah, your right duh, my bad, I was totally asleep Yeah, what he said..but I thought Atmosphere was 14.7 at Sea Level?

:oops: :oops: Oh yeah, your right duh, my bad, I was totally asleep Yeah, what he said..but I thought Atmosphere was 14.7 at Sea Level?

14.503psi = 1 bar, while 14.7 psi = "1 atmosphere"...so would you actually subtract the 14.7 or the 14.503?

Yeah, I figured that out and put in those stock tables. The wagon did ok, but still needs more tuning, got like 220 wheel HP. It was down a little from the previous dyno, but the previous dyno it was running dangeously lean at peak HP.

Mine had some ignition and boost control issues, so it was lagging a little more than usual, peak boost was limited, and the ignition was breaking up past 6000+ rpm, but it still managed 310 wheel HP at 7 psi.

Yea..the stock chip numbers are not really good but are ok for reference. Should be fun onece its dialed inn.

Without load..your setup would have lag. But we all know what its capable of :twisted: . Its still the fastest LG5 block around.

Mine had some ignition and boost control issues, so it was lagging a little more than usual, peak boost was limited, and the ignition was breaking up past 6000+ rpm, but it still managed 310 wheel HP at 7 psi.

Nice. 8) How much boost do you normally run?

Well, I usually use the boost control too force the wastegate control closed until it spools, then begin controlling it, but since the controller was having problems, I just ran with it off. Boost without the controller on begins too build at like 4000, with it working, it builds starting around 2700-2800.

I did fix the boost control issues as well as the spark issues (we think). I really want a full tune, the guy who was helping me tune it likes too run it at 11:1 or so, but that's still rich enough too smoke some, so...

Not sure what I'll run for boost, but so far, usually no more than 10-12 psi. I can push way more (when we fixed the controller, hit 20 on the highway), but not sure what I will run at the track.