my DIC turns off whenmy headlights come on?

m0sh_man

something tells me this isnt normal.....

but when i turn my park lights on my DIC turns off, the lights for the buttons are still lit up, but the actual DIC screen goes blank.....

i tried it without the headlights on, and just parklights, and like stated, it turns off with parklights.

any idea's?

matthew

Guest Anonymous

Your DIC is really messed up.

However, the VFD dimmer runs off of a couple of different wires... One could be messed up. In one instance, it gets its illumination power w/o the headlights on, but when the headlights are on, the power comes from the headlight pod. I just think your DIC is bad and should be replaced.

Did you install it yourself?

Is your interior light dimmer switch off?

where is the dinner switch located?

its night time, and im not going out to the car at the moment to check it out

All I can say about this is that my DIS turns off temporarily when I turn the parking or headlights on. It turns off (it actually just dims significantly) for maybe a second before it comes back on fully.

Yeah, I say dimmer, too. I've also seen where the dimmer switch is at maximum, right before it turns on the interior lights, and for some reason, causes the DIC to go out. I can't remember if it was the TGP, or the TSTE that had this issue, but I moved the dimimer switch a HAIR, and it was back on at full force. But they ARE supposed to dim a tad when you first turn on your lights, just as your radio display does.

where is the dinner switch located?

between the lunch switch and the bedtime switch

i was waiting for someone to catch that...

ok, my dimmer switch doesnt do a thing, so yes, i think its going bad, i tried to dim my lights, but i can move the switch all over the place,a nd they never change brightness, if i put it all the way up to int. lights, my map light comes on like normal.

so im going junkyarding for a dimmer switch i guess.

matthew