Interior lights staying on?? EDIT: Mystery Solved.

Regal_GS_1989

Ok, Heres the thing. The interior lights in my Regal are staying on all of the time. I already checked the obvious by making sure the switch to turn them on and off is off. i also checked the switches for the doors and nothing changed. What the hell is causing this. I pulled the fuse for now, but that also kills my power mirrors, locks and seat. I HATE electrical issues :cuss:

I am guessing that there is a problem with the "plunger" making proper contact when the door is closed.

I am sorry for the horrible description on this one....I know exactly where/what I am talking about, but for some reason I can't describe this one acurately. :shrug:

I am guessing that there is a problem with the "plunger" making proper contact when the door is closed.

I am sorry for the horrible description on this one....I know exactly where/what I am talking about, but for some reason I can't describe this one acurately. :shrug:

I know what your talking about, i checked the passangers side by actually removing it and disconnecting the wire, and nothing. I didn t pull the one on the driver side cause the key-in ingnition chime comes on only when i open the door.

Thanks guys for your help. I figured out what it was. The rheostat that controls the dash brightness/interior lights was somehow sticking internally. I played around with it for a while and the lights turned off.