Moving the battery

fleetwoodguy79

So I'm gonna order RedZ's COLDZ intake this week, but I have to relocate my battery. It says your gonna need to get a dry battery vs. the stock wet. Well, I just bought this battery this winter, and don't want to throw money away. Is there anywhere else in the engine bay that you guys have put this thing? Thanks in advance! 3100SFI

So I'm gonna order RedZ's COLDZ intake this week, but I have to relocate my battery. It says your gonna need to get a dry battery vs. the stock wet. Well, I just bought this battery this winter, and don't want to throw money away. Is there anywhere else in the engine bay that you guys have put this thing? Thanks in advance! 3100SFI

You don't need a dry cell.. Just get a battery box and move it to the trunk.. or depending on your fusebox/coolent res. you may be able to move it to the other side of the bay.

RedZ

• 6 months later...

if I do this (which I probably will....)

where should I route the positive lead? It's not going to be possible to route it where my amp wires are.... is there a safe place underneath the car?

would a good quality stereo wire do?

Like a big fat zero gauge amp wire?

i would think 2ga is already bigger than the battery cables

I think battery cables are 6 or 8 guage

Robby

In the end I used an actual battery relocation kit with 1 gauge welders wire...very happy with it.

But I did have the option to get a 1awg wire...this thing was HUGE...

But I decided that I didn't want it. The guy wanted $150 for the kit.

He paid a fortune for it. Plus he has a 200 amp fuse and holder with it.