Factory 16" wheels - good rubber

Both Keyless remotes

Problems:

Passenger rear window will not roll down

Trunk is out of alignment and has scraped off paint when it opens

Dealer says both issues will be fixed.

I've got Dealer talked down to:

$4,000 cash

2yr ext warranty is $1200 (covers AC, Electrical, Trans, Engine, Steering, Axles, Suspension, Fuel)

+ TTL & Smog of about $550

Questions:

Should I opt for the ext. warranty? $100 deductible (Covers timing belt)

I'm planning on having thte car inspected by a Buick/Pontiac dealer. I don't want any unnecessary hidden costs.

It's at a private ghetto used car dealer who has had the car sitting for over 60 days wtih no cash buyers and the hoodlums have bad credit and can't get financed. Asking price was $5,000 up until 3-days ago when it changed to $4,500.

I think there is another $250 in wiggle room on the car purchase price.

I have no service records!

Anything I'm missing?

I think that sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I paid 3500 with mine. it's no where near perfect, but in great shape. Triple white seems to be a hot item (even though I think it's a little too much white) and if interior is in that great of shape then awesome. I think it sounds like a heck of a deal to me. even with 105, thats not too bad, just make sure you either get a warranty or have them do the t-belt if not already done, you don't want to mess with that headache. oh yeah, and pics are a must :wink:

don't go with an extended warranty from them!!! from what you describe, it sounds like they're shady. granted i'm on the east coast, but I'd never buy a car from some small dealer in a questionable "ghetto" area of Philly. I think they'd be less likely to honor it or fix things properly if something were to happen. Just make sure that the belts are OK and the alt is okay. The belts are especially important in a cutty with a 3.4!

I think that is a great price and I would add the warranty as long as I verified what it covered by inspecting the warranty itself, not taking the dealers word on coverage.

I love triple white '95 'verts. I wish I could have bought WhiteOut's :(

the price of the vehicle sounds fair...taking it to someone else to look it over is a must. Now be careful on those warranties...get a number and call them up to make sure it covers what is stated. I know friends tha had problems with these warranties not covering what was listed due to loop holes.

don't go with an extended warranty from them!!! from what you describe, it sounds like they're shady. granted i'm on the east coast, but I'd never buy a car from some small dealer in a questionable "ghetto" area of Philly. I think they'd be less likely to honor it or fix things properly if something were to happen. Just make sure that the belts are OK and the alt is okay. The belts are especially important in a cutty with a 3.4!

the question is, does he have to go back to them? I bought an extended warranty with my GTP from the used car dealer, and when i had the transmission problems, i went to a different dealer (an actual chevy dealership) and had it fixed under warranty. so as long as he can goto another place to get it fixed, i dont see why he wouldnt take the warranty.