1990lumina

Where are chassis to the negative battery terminal ground? And Where is the chassis to the engine block ground?

I'm looking for these grounds on my 1990 Lumina w/ 3.1 motor. I'm trying to find damage or corrosion on any of them that could be causing some problem with my stereo.

If this topic has been covered before, sorry...the search for "engine ground" turned up too many hits...sorry mods.

thanks for the help :D Pics are always great...but a good explanation of where to look should be sufficient, thanks!

- Jeff L.

John, battery to chassis ground is right beside the battery. The block to battery ground, well, just follow the neg. cable from the battery to the block. As for chassis to block, i believe there is a metal strap somewhere. I just added an extra ground to my engine, then just found a nice spot on my chassis, and did that.

Like I said, if you plan on upgrading these, make sure that the cables aren't too long. The shorter, the better. But, do keep in mind engine movement and such.