electrical problems...

mikeymo

so this nagging electrical problem seems to be getting worse and worse....wondering if anyones experienced the same issue....here are the symptoms....

turn signal flashes intermittently, fast slow fast slow and sometimes it even fades off slowly...sometimes the coolant overheating warning light flashes along with the blinker

headlights and gage panel flicker slightly but noticable at idle only (sitting at a light etc....gets worse when blinkers on)

engine is sporatic at idle surging between 500 and 700 RPM

it seems like a short somewhere in the electrical system but i dont have the slightest clue where to start looking....any ideas?? thanks

Sounds like the alternator to ground related. When my alternator was about to die, I experienced all types of wierd wierd electrial things, like when I singalled, the display on the radio would turn on and off with the rhythum of the singal lights...until the isgnal lights stopped signalling all togerther....then they just stayed on solid :shock:

I check the aux. postive terminal first though as it seems alot of people who have electrical problems tighten that connection and they go away....

Test the alternator with a cheap voltimeter..if you aren't getting at least 14volts at idle with the accessories on, she's starting to crap out on you.