Well, the TGP has gone to a new (old) home.. (not 56k safe)

LukeZ34

It's going back to Colorado with Kenny.

I spent the last week cleaning it up, and removing my stereo things from it. It was at teary goodbye, but I know it's headed back to a good home. 8)

But, we still have our other Black TGP here, and we don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon. With our wedding coming up in a few weeks, we figured it would be easier to start our lives off with less debt and 2 cars in the stable.

I took many pictures to share with everyone since I never really post many pictures of my cars. There's lots of them, so enjoy!

Taken just before I picked Kenny up from the airport:

DSC05281%20(Large).JPG

DSC05283%20(Large).JPG

DSC05285%20(Large).JPG

DSC05286%20(Large).JPG

DSC05289%20(Large).JPG

DSC05288%20(Large).JPG

DSC05290%20(Large).JPG

Taken a few days ago while cleaning:

DSC05245%20(Large).JPG

DSC05246%20(Large).JPG

DSC05247%20(Large).JPG

DSC05248%20(Large).JPG

DSC05249%20(Large).JPG

DSC05251%20(Large).JPG

DSC05252%20(Large).JPG

DSC05253%20(Large).JPG

DSC05254%20(Large).JPG

DSC05256%20(Large).JPG

DSC05257%20(Large).JPG

DSC05262%20(Large).JPG

DSC05267%20(Large).JPG

DSC05268%20(Large).JPG

DSC05271%20(Large).JPG

For clarification, the photo below shows how bad the oxidation on the roof can get. I taped over a section of the roof, used the Liquid Glass Pre-Cleaner to remove the oxidation and then pulled the tape off.

DSC05279%20(Large).JPG

DSC05280%20(Large).JPG

Yes, I'll miss the car, and yes, I know it sounds stupid because it's jsut a car. But to me it's more than that. This is the car I learned on. I put many hours of blood, sweat, tears and many cuss words in to this car. With my cars before this, I always took things to a mechanic, but the TGP is what I learned to do my own repairs on.

The 5-speed is gone, but we have this sitting in the driveway still. :mrgreen:

DSC05269%20(Large).JPG

SEX!!! sucks about the hood damage.. damn hail.

I know how hard it is to get rid of a car you spent such a rediculas amount of time and work on.. at least yours will be moving on to a better home than mine :(

You should post those pics of our 3 cars at Wichita. :mrgreen:

I would, but don't have any more server space.

I'm sure that was hard to see go, it was a sweet car.

At least I can say I got to ride in it! :D

You should post those pics of our 3 cars at Wichita. :mrgreen:

I need to find those. I'll post them when I do.

Ross, I swapped the DIC in the car. That style of DIC matches the car much better. I also painted the handles. I grabbed some silver model paint, and used a tooth pick to apply the paint in to the grooves. Worked out pretty smooth.

Shaun, the shift knob was the leather wrapped shifter. But, the leather eventually wore down so I just removed it. I think it looks better like that anyway.

Thanks for the words fellas. It was hard to see it drive away, and even harder to hear the sweet sound of the exhaust as kenny tore down the street. :( But, all of this gives me motivation to start modifying our Black TGP a little more. :D

Hey Luke! Sorry man but I have to talk nice about our girl!

Well my drive home last night was very fun! She drove as smooth as glass and no problems of course. I felt bad leaving Luke and Jess last night because I know how I felt when I dropped her off the first time. It hurts even though it is just a car. Imagine my feelings after doing the 5-speed swap, chip work, and spending tons of time and money along the way to get her to run HALFWAY decent! :wink:

It felt great to drive her home last night and got to show a couple of Texans (tags said Texas) in a Mustang GT that they were no match for the 5-speed TGP! The speedo is off in the TGP but it was buried clear down to the illuminated Intercooled Turbo (nice work LUKE!) on the dash and running away from them! :mrgreen: I would back out of it, let them catch up, and stomp the throttle again. The driver flipped me off after the 4th time! :lol: :lol:

Anyway...she is "home" and I need to get into the chip to correct a few of the things I neglected before.

THANKS LUKE! SHE LOOKS GREAT!

Glad to hear you made it back Kenny!

Yea, the newer DIC is plug and play.

The front valence on the black TGP is in pretty good shape actually. It's in the beginning stages of the sagging process though, but it's still in 1 piece and isn't cracked anywhere.

That picture shows the stain in the paint where the previous owner ran over something that ate away at the paint. No idea what it was, but it's not removable at all that's for damn sure.

John, I love that CD Player. I'll have to post some more pics when I get it installed in the TGP. :D

Yeah that CD Player has 3-preamp outputs. Fully adjustable amp outputs too. Only thing I do not like about it is the screen...too 80's looking. Very good quality though!

Had two of my neighbors over this afternoon wondering if I bought a brand NEW car. They looked from about 30 feet away and then started to see some of the minor dings and hail damage. Then they said...well shit if it is not brand new what the HELL is it? They had huge compliments on the exterior and how shiney it was!

I took one of them for a ride...he has a 2005 RX-8 with some go fast goodies on it, and was telling me to slow down. When he got out he said, "Shit I won't bother trying to chase this down just to get my ass handed to me!" :lol:

Glad to see the only other running 5 speed TGP going to a good home. :P 8)

I'm actually dreading selling my TGP, as I know I'll be heart broken for a while. I just want a faster car and the TGP can't get me there. :(

:(

at least its going back to kenny :)

man, ive been driving me and my cousin around down here in Georgia (he lost his license) and its a 5speed.

i forgot how fun it can be, makes me want to put one in.