new guy with big plans!

IBuiltMine-o1oo

Hello, all!

Im a new guy In gillette, wy and i just moved from western nebraska. im no stranger to highly modified cars. My last project was an 84 GSL-SE Rx7 with a 94 muctang AOD engine conversion! It was sick...took me nearly 2 years to get it right, but it was a screamer! i sold it and bout a more economical car( as my wife would say!) My 1997 Cutlass 4 door. Its the 3100, and its flawless. Bought it from some old crippled man in Kimball. But anyways, my plans are.... Rear wheel drive.

It will not be the first FWD to RWD conversion i have done. A freind and I converted an 89 CRX to rear wheel drive, we used a 4.3 chevey V6 5 speed and rearend outa an older mazda 323. It was a monstergarage style, kinda a hack job, we hacked out the firewall, and tacked in sheetmetal around the distributor....it was so funny to see the skeptics eyes light up along with those litte 13 inch wheels and tires on the back of that thing!!!

Gimme some links to either aurora conversions and RWD conversions! thanks!!

Hey now!! We do make good razors!

YES!! That is.....if you consider razors that cost almost a buck a piece, and last for only 3 or 4 shavings to be good......

Good luck on the project! What kind of powerplant are you thinking about for the Cutty? Or are you planning on keeping the 3100, and just making it RWD?

Good luck on the project! What kind of powerplant are you thinking about for the Cutty? Or are you planning on keeping the 3100, and just making it RWD?

Since he asked about an "Aurora" conversion, I'd bet that he wants to throw a V8 in the car. :wink:

Welcome to the board. 8)

Since he asked about an "Aurora" conversion, I'd bet that he wants to throw a V8 in the car. :wink:

he could put a 3.5 in it :lol:

Guest Gp crazy

This what i would do for a rwd.

z06 v8, 6 speed, corsslaced rims off 02 gp, and the rear axle off a 3.4 posi out of a 1982 gp rwd style your tq+hp+gears= mad burn outs and good gas milage with a heavy foot

1979, 403 olds motor + 1979, 400 turbo tranny + short drive shaft + 3.4 v6 axle = 140 mph. I raced a vett and we were side by side for about 4 miles at 140 neiter on of had an extra gear pass each other that was back in high school 1992 or 93. I really think if i had a 5 speed I would have beat the vett. :idea: just an idea !

The 403 is a piece of shit. I put 5 grand into one for a hot rod engine, doing all the tricks my engine builder said would work to strengthen the open mains, but it still shit the bed with less then 1000 miles on it. there was a rare 403 that didnt have hollow mains, but they are expensive.

I am an Oldschool olds Freak, and i have been doing an OBDII conversion on a 68 olds 350 with nodular iron crank. i have modeled it out of a 94 cobra mustang engine. Its a project that is always been on my back burner for a 60's era cutty when ever i found a suitable doaner.

BUT if i got a verry well built 377 CID olds engine all with the best ford fuel injection unit all set up, a 6 speed, and some tall gears, itll fly, anmd still get the milage.

Its gotta be all Olds though...thats my only restriction. Id like to get an aurora too...

How many people are from Gillette?

My brother and i always hang out at the bank on 7th right off of douglass highway. its a dark little parkinglot on the south side of 7th. Laters! SEAN!

Guest TurboSedan

How many people are from Gillette?

My brother and i always hang out at the bank on 7th right off of douglass highway. its a dark little parkinglot on the south side of 7th. Laters! SEAN!

altogether six including you:

- sl3196

- timg (originally from Gillette anyways)

- iTurbo (my brother)

- acar (rarely posts here)

- myself

if i see you at the parking lot i'll stop by :) i live only a few blocks away.

This what i would do for a rwd.

z06 v8, 6 speed, corsslaced rims off 02 gp, and the rear axle off a 3.4 posi out of a 1982 gp rwd style your tq+hp+gears= mad burn outs and good gas milage with a heavy foot

1979, 403 olds motor + 1979, 400 turbo tranny + short drive shaft + 3.4 v6 axle = 140 mph. I raced a vett and we were side by side for about 4 miles at 140 neiter on of had an extra gear pass each other that was back in high school 1992 or 93. I really think if i had a 5 speed I would have beat the vett. :idea: just an idea !

wtf? you mean a 427(LS7?) or LS6? crosslace 02 rims suck. 3.4 posi? why? i dont recognize you at all.

how much are you looking to spend and are u putting a frame under the car? a supercharged 455 with a 6 speed and 3.73s will run 11s all day and get 24mpg highway, but your looking at huge bucks

I like the old school shit myself, but i am in no way brand loyal lol. cheap go fast = 406 sbc, expensive go faster with mpg = ls7, and stupid power 110mm turbo'd low compression= ls6

Good luck, take pics

i has a busted old ass 68 442 in highschool that would do 11's so i dont care about the speed. i want basically a functional everyday driver that is different. i want it to be rearwheel drive, and OBDII EFI i want it to be an auto. My neighbor has a camero with the same engine and tranny as i got in my car, but rear wheel drive. i was thinking of just taking that 3.1 and using it as a guide to make my 3100 a rearwheel drive engine, and use the camero 4 speed auto, and doing it that way. im not looking for a race car,

just a nice car like my cuttlass is, only rear wheel drive.

When i want to go fast, i go get my 69 cutlass s with the 455!

ah okey, first, learn how to spell, its camaro, aint no E in it.

if u wanna go that route, and wanna be really different, supercharged 3800 with the backward TB (so it isnt in the firewall) mounted to a 4l60 and 3.23s out back.

ah okey, first, learn how to spell, its camaro, aint no E in it.

so many people spell it that way that i started to think maybe that's how you were supposed to spell it until i realized, hey, i have a camaro and it says camaro not camero. where did the e come from anyway? it's not a fucking gmc cameo pick-up/car thingy

What's the harm in starting off with a 3100? Hell, after it's converted to RWD it should be damn easy to drop pretty much anything in there. It's a start anyways...

Adding more frame (weight) to it, and drivetrain loss.. that's gotta make it a pretty slow ass car though. :think:

Like i said. i want it to look sound and drive like it does now, but rear wheel drive. i want it to look like the factor was thinking of making a RWD version, so the factory would dig into its deep pars bins, and i could get away with using anything BOP or Chevy. Clean, and factory looking thats my goal. now there can be a lot of hidden things, like a completely built engine, as long as it looks factory. id really like the twin dual 3.4

Hey josh get ahold of me sometime. id like to go out with you guys tomorrow and help you film your cutty if you need it. i have a digital video camera.

ill PM you my number... SEAN!