Thx for the comments guys, helped me build up the confidence

SaberZ

to go back to the dealer. They replaced all 4 rotors on my impala. Looking at the work papers, i noticed them installing shims as well. Last time my breaks were done those weren't put on. I saw them add something to the front rotors(probably the shims) looked compact disc like. Dunno, any ideas what they are?, and what they do.?

Thanks again for the support

those would be the shims.....

GM had a problem with the slides sticking on the caliper because the caliper would bottom out on the slides and rust/corrod there.....

so there fixe was to shim out both the rotor and the caliper hanger so they woudent bottom out.......

BTW, hav you gotten the recall about your rack yet..... if not, you in for a treat.... :D

the recall? U mean the ISS? I had the lubricated twice. Never heard anything about rack and pinon stearing on it(tho i hear a clunk) but they never found out what it was. I hope u mean the iss, cuz i reallly dont want to go back there for awhile lol

I believe it effected impallas but it must not yet....

any ways, the customer compliant is a clunk in the fron end while turning and the steering wheel sticks in sharp cornering...... GM's fix was to replace the rack n' pinion, but if you just checked it out, it must not effect you "YET"

later

joe

• 5 years later...