ECC's Outside Temp STUCK on 22 degrees??? WTF??

gmrulz4u

I installed a new Electronic Climate Control 2 weeks ago in my 89 Supreme and it's worked perfectly in every way, but today, I realized that the Outside temperature is NOT moving from 22 degrees???? I know for sure that it worked yesterday, because I remember...but I don't know what the hell could cause it to do this? Everything else still works perfectly, just the outiside temp won't move up or down anymore??

Any suggestions?

Sensor is gone most likely... the resistor within that sensor has cracked or seperated and either A) there's no signal so the ECC sits at 22 degrees or B) because it's cracked, only a curtain amount of amps of current are going through it and the ECC registers that value. Find a junker donor... piece of cake removal and install; no more than 10 mins! :D

- RedFox340

No, it's out side on the car... if you look underneath the vehicle in front of the radiator and behind the front fascia, you should see a sqaure inch black plastic box with holes in it. That's the sensor; the plug should be around there in the area... try that. That's where mine is on my 1992 Cutlass. Have pictures if you need more direction.

- RedFox340

I would greatly appreciate any pics you have...

I'll take a look for that connector tomorrow...

You've definately made me feel at ease!! I was afraid I'd have to take the dash all apart again, or replace the ECC under Warranty...

THANKS SO MUCH:)