4 wheel alignment

godofthunder

OK yall, with my tax return, im getting 4 new BFG Radial T/As and an alignment.

Front end is slightly off (You have to keep the wheel turned some, and tightening the subframe bolts didnt completly fix it). Then, I am having feathering on my rears, which shows the rear is slightly missaligned. My dad (which is my mechanic), said that I should have a 4wheel alignment done too.

Anyone know the price range for a 4wheel alignment? Arround here its not to much to have the front done. Also, will it cost me more since I have the independent rear (like we all do).

Jon

I do em @ tires plus for $69.99.....

but you have to keep in mind that it may be cheeper (sales) or more expencive if you need a camber/caster kit to correct your alighnment due to sagging springs and or slightly bent parts........

also, if you normally have allot of stuff in your car (subs etc....), leave it in there... that will allow for a better alighnment suited for your needs......

I hope this helps....

later.

69? for all four? nice..

Cars not sagging at all, and no noticable bent parts. Now just need to see what I can get arround town. My dad cant do it at his shop, so he has an old friend he knows does them. I may also call the tire shops arround here, or see if i can get the tires/align at the same place, rather than going from Sams Club with the tires, and then having the alingment done elsewhere.

Thanks

Jon

Do you notice a difference in anything after this is done? Is this the reason why my steering slightly is off?

Jon

Ps - i seriously thought I was going to be raped wanting a 4 wheel done. Most places I thouhgt jsut did two for that price

one thing you might want to look at is that firestone offers a LIFETIME alienment for $130.... I used to abuse mine all the time because I lived down a dirt road..was getting it done once a month..haven't had to pay since...they never ask why..they just throw it back on the machene, fix it and send me on my way...even if you only use it once a year... the money you save on tires will more then make up for the one time cost.

Dave

Most Places that do alignments put the guage holders on all 4 wheels anyway so they can set your stearing wheel straight, the added little bit of money is usally just to check the rear wheel alignment... as they seldom change!

I know its about $50 up here for a 4 wheel alignment. I wish I knew of a place around here that did a lifetime alignment. It seems like they would loose money on that deal. Every time you change struts or some other components you have to get an alignment.

tire's plus does a 3 year alighnment agreement...... 113.00 I believe, but Im not 100% sure....

the resone that they do that is if the customer agrees to a 3 year agreement, the shop is almost garrenteed to have a repeat customer for suspension/other work for 3 years..... but people like some of us here can beat the system on that one.... ex... you go in and want it alighned, but you have a loose tie rod end (cant alighn it with ANY loose front end parts)

so they wright up a price for the tie rod installed.... you throw it away as you walk out the door, replace the part and come back in a couple days and get it alighned.......

No matter what you have to hook up all four heads (wheel metering devices), they only charge you for the labor involved in adjusting the rear end....

and as far a the loose/bent parts and sagging springs... you WILL NOT know untill you get it on the alighnment rack......

I did a 98 acura integra tonight, and it had a bent lower controle arm, but you could not visually see the bend in it, even after it was replaced.....

just go in there, tell them what you want, hope for the best, but do not be suprized if they have to charge you more because of loose/bent parts, or camber kit in the rear (for a sagging leaf) or labor fot elongating the strut holes in the front to correct the camber on the front...

the alighnment WIll fix your crooked steering wheel, if it can be done properly, (nothing wrong with your suspension/steering system) and chances are, your car will drive better too....

later

Joe

Yes $130 for a lifetime 4 wheel alienment....at FIRESTONE they are every where...I have had it dont to my cutlass and my lebaron...I took my truck in and he said "you are such a b@st@rd" asked me to come back later cause he was to busy...he's a friend of mine so I let him get away with that :)...then I got busy and moved..so I still havn't ggot my truck done