CAI Question

fleetwoodguy79

I want one! Saw one on mantapart.com, but I've heard you guys say that they are unreliable. I think RedZMonte had one, but anyone have any details about it? And I hope its cheaper than $235, that to me seemed a little much. Thanks!

waaa on all of you....I made mine out of carbon fiber and a k&n...hisses like a snake at idle...roars like a lion at launch..and screams like a banshee at high rpm....it's off the car now since I am turboing the car.. I might be willing to sell it...the K&N is getting kinda beat...it was bouncing around for awhile before I figured out a way to secure it..so it might need replaced.

Dave

actuly mine is prob wia...it's an open element under the hood for better air flow... I didnt drop it down below the car because I didnt want it to get wet

but I believe I got another 5 ponies outa it... gas milage went way up though..went from 20 mpg to 22.5 mpg

I always thought it was a bad idea to use PVC piping because it emits some sort of toxic gas when it warms up. Apparently that gas is supposed to do bad things to your air/fuel mixture, but then again that's only what I heard. I'm not sure how much truth there is to that statement.

Well, your filter is sitting inches away from the ground and right infront of the tire. Granted the tire is blocked by the plastic and the filter sits inside the wheel well, but still somehow it just gets dirty. When it rains water comes through the fog lights and splashes up from the road (dirty water). Don't spin your tires in the rain either, thats another clogger.

Just sitting that close to the road and it will build up quick. Works pretty good in the summer and thats when I put mine on. I put a plastic cover around mine and painted it black so you couldn't see it unless you cram half of your face under there. (you can't fit your head under my grand prix, just too low!)