Antenna

Kalgorn

What antennas will fit on my car? Will basically any W-Body antenna fit? Mine was bent (I bent it back) from running it through the car wash at work and now the radio doesn't work too well. I rarely use the radio but my girlfriend doesn't like my metal so she turns it off when we get in the car. :x I plan to go to a u-pull-it junkyard this Sunday so I'm going to look around for an antenna, a valve cover, and wheels to refinish.

There's a chance you bent more then just the antenna element if you are having bad reception now. I'd say the base got damaged, I'd inspect it carefully. Also, see if the rubber gasket between the body metal and base is still there - if it is damaged and the metal is touching eachother that could cause reception problems.

I wish there was still car washes around here with brushes and stuff....sure your vehicle gets damaged, but I find the brush type washes to be alot better then this pussy boy touchless crap now....that doesn't do anything for my car in winter.

I hate the brush carwash. That's what I use at work (Dealership has one that we use). It really doesn't do that good of a job at all, and leaves tons of waterspots. If you have more than average dirt on the sides it doesn't get it off, and it doesn't clean the wheels worth a shit. Those brushes have torn off 2 antennas (Sunfires), smashed up the plastic appliques (piece on the door by the window) (on Sunfires :lol:), and always whacks the shit out of the B4U on my car :x (I try not to take it though anymore, but it's hard to resist since it's FREE).

The Simonez touchless one at Canadian Tire kicks ass.. it blasts UNDER the cars, blasts your wheels which cleans the wheel wells also, and has a nice air dryer when it's done. And it doesn't try to destroy your car.