LukeZ34

Anyone know what the widest tire is what I can put on the stock Cutlass 5 spoke rims?

The cutty needs new tires, as the back ones are bald and drying out. I want new tires all around, and something that's good for city, highway driving, as well as handles and performs well. I want to possibly go a bit wider (if I can), and go with a lower profile. The ones on it now are almost too damn big, even though their the stock size. Plus a lower profile tire would compliment the car when it's lowered sometime in the future.

Recommendations anyone? I don't want to spend a fortune on these, but I do want something decent. (is that possible anymore? lol)

Thanks

I'd go with 234/55VR-16s, as Shawn mentioned. Michelin Pilots are pretty good, but a tad bit expensive. I find Goodyear to be overpriced and their Eagle series of tires are overrated except or the F-1 series that's OEM on Corvettes. Dunlop makes some really good tires but they're a tad bit on the rough side and they're noisy.

I decided to look online for the tires that I currently have on the car.. Toyo 800 Ultras..

I about shit a brick when I seen how much they were! I was expecting them to be cheapos! lol

http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?tirebrand=Toyo&cat=All+Season&subcat=Premium&tiremodel=800+Ultra&source=brand

P225/60R16 - $101

I guess I didn't expect them to be so much. I'm thinking since the front tires still look brand new (the dealership just rotated the tires, front to back back to front), I may just pick up 2 of these for the time being. The rear ones need replaced badly, not only are they bald (see pic), but there's a huge screw in the passenger side. It's not leaking yet, but I'm hesitant on taking it on any road trips anywhere for fear of a blow out.

http://206.52.250.73/fronttire.jpg

http://206.52.250.73/reartire.jpg

shit man....

101.00 a tire for toyo 800's.....

I put a set of those on a BMW 323 coupe about 3 months ago, the lady came in the other day for a rotate/balance and the tirres has already worn 3/32"....... and she only put like a 1000 miles on them.....

run down to a tires plus and look into a couple of tire before you buy those......

Bridgestone turanza LST

Bridgestone potenza RE 950's.... RE 730's if you want a performance tire

Contenental CH-95's

Contenental touring LX's

Dayton HR's......

Dayton ZR's

I would recomend these over the toyo's from my own personall expierence

later

joe

Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position (I think that is what they are called) are very good tires, they're a bit pricey but compared to others they are probably the best bang for the buck.