Exhaust question

nebojsa_o

So my muffler burned out slowly, and at a J/Y I found a 3.4L CS coupe. Had decent looking mufflers, and they were dirt cheap, because I know the guy, and he was in a good mood. Either way, I took the 2 mufflers, and the Y-pipe, and slapped it on my 3100. Everything is stock GM parts. except now I have 2 mufflers from a 3.4L and a Y-pipe. I drove the car around for a bit, it doesn't make any unusual sounds like the other one did. But what happened to performance, did I lose power by doing this?? I can't really feel a difference, but it might be a tad slower, although it could be in my head, because I read about back pressure today, and now I'm confused, lol. I'm wondering would it lose a lot of back pressure because I did this, or should it act the same as it was with just a single GM muffler. Anyways, its only a temporary fix, if all goes well I'll be doing some true exhaust work in the spring/summer. But do you think I would lose power by doing this?? Seems to be the same to me, but then sometimes I think it might be slower... Although I floored it and went with first gear for a bit, and when it shifted to 2nd it chirped the tires. Not sure if it will do it again, or was it a coincidence of some sort, but I thought it was interesting.