what is the fe3 suspention and do I have it

toastemcutlass

FE3 suspension is the sportier version of suspension for our cars, I believe you get higher rate(stiffer) front springs, stiffer monoleaf spring, 34mm anti-sway bar up front and ?? anti-sway bar in the rear. you can check by looking at the plastic spare tire cover in the trunk, it will have a sticker with the RPO codes listed on it and about on the second line or so you should have FE1 or FE3 written there......hope this helps and someone chime in and remind me what the size of the rear sway bar is :wink:

btw......Shawn has a section on this at http://www.w-body.com :D

Say, would it say the same on a Buick Regal? I thought the FE3 was only available on Chevys, Pontiacs and Olds. I have the GS model so I must have the GS suspension, but I don't know if Buick's GS suspension is equivalent of the Olds FE3.

FE3 suspension is the sportier version of suspension for our cars, I believe you get higher rate(stiffer) front springs, stiffer monoleaf spring, 34mm anti-sway bar up front and ?? anti-sway bar in the rear. you can check by looking at the plastic spare tire cover in the trunk, it will have a sticker with the RPO codes listed on it and about on the second line or so you should have FE1 or FE3 written there......hope this helps and someone chime in and remind me what the size of the rear sway bar is :wink:

btw......Shawn has a section on this at http://www.w-body.com :D

'nother suspension ??

When I had new rear struts put on under warrentee last summer they were really stiff and make the rear bounce like air shocks all pumped up. (quick harsh little bumps like a tow truck)

I called later and found out they are Gabriels. What I don't get is why it wants to bounce so much. I'm getting about 5 to 6 inches of travel out of the strut. (by seeing the dirt line on the shaft above the housing. they left the dust covers off!) This is an FE1 suspension. I know the front needs struts by now but it doesn't bounce like worn out struts.

Is it like this becuase of miss matched Frt/RR struts? I though they might break in a bit when first I got them.

Say, would it say the same on a Buick Regal? I thought the FE3 was only available on Chevys, Pontiacs and Olds. I have the GS model so I must have the GS suspension, but I don't know if Buick's GS suspension is equivalent of the Olds FE3.

Chevy's got the F41 (=FE3)