Driver's window problem

Supreme Cutlass

I set out to figure out why my driver's window wasn't moving, and found that the motor was unplugged. "no way it's that easy" I thought, so I plugged it in, rolled it down and the window falls sideways (toward the front end) what's wrong with it, and how can I fix it??

Sounds like the clip that holds the window into the "upright" channel is either missing or worn out. Your only recourse is to buy a new clip (once you remove an old one, it won't secure properly.) I've seen them sold under the "HELP" brand, but I'm sure if you can't locate one of those, any auto parts store should have one. Worst case scenario, you could always go to the parts counter at your local GM "stealership."

My Cavalier used to do this and it was due to two things:

1. The bottom plastic clip that holds the window in the track was busted (there was a piece of metal sticking up in my track that was owning these things left and right)

2. The trim on the outside of the window towards the rear of the car was broken and that was something that helped keep the window in the track. Drilled a hole in the door jam and screwed the trim to the door. :lol:

Those are my guesses.