Help fast

JakeMetz63

I let my mom borrow my car, and she put the parking brake on... and now the damn thing wont release. The back tires are totally locked up and the pedal is as far down as it will latch. Whats the best/quickest way to get this fixed? I gotta get up for work in like 6 hours so if anybody can post this before 9am i would be in love with them.

Thanks

jake

yay for the crappy GM brakes. If the emergency brake isn't used, she freezes up. And then if you use it, you're in the situation you're in. Best bet is what terry said. If all else fails, drive the shit out of it and replace the pads, rotors, and calipers.

Guest TurboSedan

damn, that sucks. you might be able to release it by grabbing the cable with a vice grips where it enters the coupler (under the car beneath your drivers seat). grab the end of the cable and try to pull it up and out of the coupler. i would think that would release it but it's a long shot.

good luck

damn, that sucks. you might be able to release it by grabbing the cable with a vice grips where it enters the coupler (under the car beneath your drivers seat). grab the end of the cable and try to pull it up and out of the coupler. i would think that would release it but it's a long shot.

good luck

I haven't seen the 94+ Ebrake in a while but you could try taking the tires off and hammering the spot where it comes into the caliper. I did that on a friends 93 Cutlass a while back.

Guest TurboSedan

the '94+ cables are a little different. not saying your suggestion wouldn't work i'm not sure. hell i haven't had an e-brake in years. i was going by what i've seen from the '94+ cables i pulled from a '95 Regal i have yet to install in my car.

hope you get it figured out!

the '94+ cables are a little different. not saying your suggestion wouldn't work i'm not sure. hell i haven't had an e-brake in years. i was going by what i've seen from the '94+ cables i pulled from a '95 Regal i have yet to install in my car.

hope you get it figured out!

Don't you love having to turn your car off everytime you want to get out of it? :lol:

Got it fixed, in day light it was easy to see what was wrong. There is a pin and spring in the actual pedal that got mess up. I just had to push down on the pedal and release the tension by hand.

Thanks for your suggestions though, im glad I didnt end up cutting it off before I carefully checked the pedal. :lol: