Pulling Codes on a 94'

SmokesGTP

I just got a SES light on my way home and I followed the instructions on shawns site but their appears to be a plastic blocker on the "A" port of the connector. Being a 94' its still a OBD1 right? If anyone could help me out and tell me where to put the clip so I can pull the codes it would be very helpful. Thanks

so do we 94 owners have what they call the obd 1.5, yes they exist just not sure what year. the other thing is it would explain why I couldn't get the code off mine along time ago, I had a block in the plug hole too and was confused.

so do we 94 owners have what they call the obd 1.5, yes they exist just not sure what year. the other thing is it would explain why I couldn't get the code off mine along time ago, I had a block in the plug hole too and was confused.

Sort of, but not really.

The 3100's in '94-95 had an OBD2 compliant PCM, but wasn't fully OBD2... they had the flash ROM, faster CPU, and more RAM like an OBD2 PCM, but was made before OBD2 was standardized. Those would probably be considered more like OBD1.5.

The 94-95 3.4 DOHC PCM has the same casing, connector, CPU, etc. as OBD1. Only thing is they added SFI, MAF code, and removed the diagnostic connector. For all essential purposes, it's OBD1. Just missing the diagnostic connector (thanks, GM).

the connector is there and when I went to the trans shop a year ago he read the speed of the car, temp and other things but the normal pins you connect to get the readings are different or atleast one is blocked off.

Oops, yeah, I mis-stated. The connector is there, but the diagnostic PIN is missing. The slot where it's supposed to be is just completely empty, although the ALDL, Ground, and other pins are still there.

This only applies to all 94-95 3.4 DOHC.