94 cutty hvac problem

toastemcutlass

so i have a 94 cutlass with the electronic hvac and the last couple months the blower doesnt seem to be blowing hard enough, has anybody had this problem before? with the blower on high i can barley feel anything from about a foot away. the other thing is if it has to do with the amount of vaccum im getting and a door not closing all the way, because i have the l67 in there and so vaccum is not there all the time...any ideas

thanks in advance

I'd check the squrrel cage fan to see if it's working properly - and also sometimes on these cars the evaporator core gets plugged up with a bunch of crap and debris - so cleaning the evaporator is usually a good thought.

--Dave.

Is it blowing out the defroster no matter what mode you have it in? If so, check the condition of the vac line's check valve. It should be near the driver's side strut tower in the general area of the fusebox. We've had this topic come up quite a bit in the last couple of weeks, so I'm sure someone will chime in here (better yet, do a search.)

i read those post and that is not what the problem is, its coming out only the vent when i have it on vent, but just its bearley blowing, now about the evaporater core, do you mean the thing for the a/c uses, like the heater core?

now about the evaporater core, do you mean the thing for the a/c uses, like the heater core?
You are correct, sir! Try removing the blower fan and reach your hand up inside the airbox to see if you can get to it. If you can reach it, grab a toothbrush, some aerosol coil cleaner, and a shop vac and go to town...