Wheres a good place to go to get carpets made?

19Cutlass94

I dont know of anybody that would to that, especially the way that I want them to make it, well not so much that but design wise. Anybody know a good place? Ive been trying to find a place but no luck yet. Id rather be able to deal with them in person and show them this is what its for and this is what I would like you to do etc. I tend not to like talking to someone on the phone about stuff like that because if it comes back wrong, Im pissed. ya know.

I need, well kinda like what your doing, making the trunk lid before you edead it, I was thinking about doing the trunk lid tonight but I didnt want it to look like shit, so if I can get a carpet to fit the trunk lid so it looks clean. Thats what Im after. Although its gonna have Oldsmobile in white with the logo underneath it.

it's actually pretty easy to make. Get some wood of your choice i'd use thin MDF and then cut out your symbol and glue/screw it to the wood. Then take your time and carpet over it. If your not up to it, look up a good car audio place in your area (not best buy or circuit city) and they can make then for like 50-60 bucks

And thats a carpet for the whole entire trunk lid? That seems pretty cheap. But I duno where your coming from with the wood, because I would just have the emblem and Oldsmobile sown (sp?) on, so when you pop the trunk, the whole trunk lid is covered with the grey carpet and the oldsmobile is there with the emblen below it.

what i mean is a piece of the wood for covering with carpet, it's just for the flat piece. I know what you want, but this is a easier option. You want a pieve that is steam formed to the entire trunk lid, but what i am talking about is just to cover the part that faces you when the trunk is open. Sort of hard to explain online, do ya get me?

yeah, I see what your saying now. I actually think that flat peice would look better with everything on it than a piece with all the curves with the lettering and such. But I could just have two flat pieces, one where it faces you, like you said, and the other on the top where the hinge is. But the other thing is, how would I go about mounting this on the trunk lid? But for the emblem part/ word part, that would almost have to be sown on there because I dont know of anything I can glue/screw on. (Sorry for all the questions, but I havent done any work with carpets and such)

you'd have to amke sure you hafve screws that are short enough to go through the two "tubes" that able the hinges, but not through the top of the trunk lid! :shock: Then you either paint the screw heads black or get screw caps made out of leather for them. Trust me call a good car audiio plaec and see what they will charge, it might just be cheap enough that you'll pay them to do it, It's pretty cheap around here