Fog light switch

19Cutlass94

Ive noticed lately, when I have my fog lights on, the switch becomes really hot. Like almost to point where you touch it and you pull your finger way kinda hot. And thats only when its on for like 5 or 10 min. But it seems to get to a point where its really hot, but it doesnt cool off or get any hotter. Does anyone else notice this or is it just me?

i remember my old headlight and wiper swithches youd get like that. my guess is it's just the incandescent bulb and nothing to worry about

Should be an LED. At least the pre-'94 Cutlass ones are..

i noticed mine was hotter then shit one day too...its just the bulb...i really don't think its anything to worry about...

...i noticed mine shortly after installing the blazertech driving lights...i thought maybe that was the problem...then i realize, the foglights go through a relay so the only thing the switch does it turn the relay on...so, i figured out that the bulb was the source of the extreme heat!...

I've got experience with the lighting aspect.... for fog lights *points at his sig*

the switch that comes with them will NOT support any bulbs of higher power... they will melt in the ON position :lol:

the big square rectangles are 100W a bulb... 4 bulbs... 400W

the rectangle yellow ones are 100W each

the clear rectangles are 100W each

the round ones are 20W each :lol:

my new low beams are 55W yellows, my high beams are 100W - 120W output 7000k's :lol:

when I get my relay that'll let me have my high and low beams on at the same time, that'll be 1135W of light :lol: :shock:

the instant daylight comes in handy when 3/4 ton + trucks are coming down the highway and leave their highbeams on.... they get one warning flash from the regular lights, and then 1 second to turn theirs off... if they don't... BAM! 400W in the face :lol: :shock: