normal for idle?

Prospeeder

Well, i notice when im idleing, it will like, go smooth, then hit a "bump" so to say, ya know, just like, the smoothness is interupted every so many seconds, and its like a shake for less than a second, then smooth, i know it needs a tune up, but if that normal or no, i dont think it is, but i dunno

may well be a slighly clogged injector that isnt misting the fuel properly...

try a good fuel inj system cleaner added to a 1/4 tank of gas...

then again i have had a weak crank position sensor do the same thing once...the waveform was weak and wasnt anywhere near as clean s the new crank sensor...

but i doubt ya have a digital storage occilloscope :D

try some inj cleaner if a new set of plugs/wires (clean the coking off the TB also) doesnt correct the problem...

and no it isnt normal....

Mine was doing this. It was very annoying. It always sounded like it would stall but it never did.

Turned out to be a bad spark plug. The plugs were only about a year old. First I changed the plug wires, crank sensor, fuel pump (pressure was low), none of this fixed it. Finally checked the plugs and one needed to be replaced. Can't remember what was wrong with it.

it needs a tune up, so ill be doing that this spring

Do you plan on driving the car during the winter? If so I would just get it done now rather than later.

Wait: Don't you live in the Desert Corner of Washington?

probably a bad plug. check for tracking on the plugs to see if you need wires if u werent going to do that already. when i took the mods off my riv and the colder plugs were still in there, it did that also.

it needs a tune up, so ill be doing that this spring

Do you plan on driving the car during the winter? If so I would just get it done now rather than later.

Wait: Don't you live in the Desert Corner of Washington?

haha, its gonna sit, im driving my dads truck, he doesnt wanna buy snow tires, and some big ass wide performance tires wont go well on snow, and yes, in a desert area in washington smack dab in the middle, but, in the summer, its hot, and dry, in the winter, its COLD and have some snow, and low humidity

well, thats quite possible, i have been losing vaccum when accelerating or pulling hills or somthing, i just thought it was probably the Vacuum cansiter, but i dunno, ill look around

a loose vacuum line (usually the one going from the intake back) can cause this. it happes on my intake all the time, bieng its aftermarket for honda. stupid me for trusting something imports use. :bash:

any who..vacuum lines. i would say tune up but you would probably feel it during driving..not only idle. could also be your coil packs going. i'm not sure if you had them changed.