92 OLDS CUTLASS 3.4 FANS NOT SWITCHING ON

THETANK

My fans on my 92 cutlass 3.4 are not switching on. Both fans work when the a/c is on max. I let the car get all the way up just before the redline (i believe it is 260*) and neither fan switches on. I believe it is the coolant temp sensor that is the problem. Can you tell me where it is located I can not find it. Also the procedure for replacement would be nice i can't find it in my manual. (BTW: My dash gauge is working fine.)

its been awhile but i belive the temperature sender is located in the lower intake on the drivers side of the engine bay, you'll probably have to take off the plastic engine cover to see it, and you may or may not have to remove the upper intake (i forget).

I think I found it does it have a single green wire comming out of it? I was not sure if tthis was the sensor for the gauge or the sensor to turn the fan on and off. Is it difficult to change it looks like its in a tight spot.