Dummy lights not working

Supreme Cutlass

"Patient: Gee doc, my stomach hurts, what could it be?"

Ugh, I was gonna write something witty here, but just tell us what happened before your dummy lights stopped working.

PS. Your statement about installing UB3 could be the problem, are you absolutely 100% cut-off-your-dick if you're wrong sure that you wired it correctly and that all bulbs are functional????

DAMN sure the bulbs work, ... wouldn't bet my dick on the wiring... what color wire would I have messed up and what spot does it go in? I know I had a solid white one that wasn't in the w-body.com write-up...

C1 (PNK/BLK) Ignition power to Cluster. Battery voltage in RUN, BULB TEST or START. See schematic 8A-11.

C2 (LT BLU 14) To Left Turn Indicator. Flashing battery voltage with Left turn signal. 0 volts with signal off. See Schematic Section 8A-110.

C3 (DK BLU 15) To Right Turn Indicator. Flashing battery voltage with Right turn signal. 0 volts with signal off. See Schematic Section 8A-110.

C4 (TAN/WHT 33) To BRAKE Indicator. Indicator is grounded when Park Brake is on or Brake Fluid Level is low. Infinite ohms with Park Brake off and system OK. See Schematic Section 8A-41.

C5 (GRY/WHT 852) To ANTI-LOCK Brake Indicator. See Section 8A-44.

C6 (TAN/BLK 456) To Shift Indicator. ECM provides a ground when car is to be shifted. See Section 6E of the Service Manual.

C7 (LT GRN 11) Hi Beam Indicator. Battery voltage when Hi Beams are on. 0 volts with Hi Beams off.

See Schematic Section 8A-100.

C8 NOT USED

C9 NOT USED

C10 (YEL 726) Display Dim Enable. Battery voltage when Park Lights are on. 0 volts with Park Lights off. See Schematic Section 8A-114.

C11 (GRY 8) To Cluster Illumination bulbs. Variable voltage with Head or Park lights on and Dimmer Control adjusted.

C12 NOT USED

C13 (ORN 461) Bi-directional Serial Data Link between Cluster & ECM.

C14 (BLK/WHT 151) Ground to G101. See 8A-14.

C15 NOT USED

C16 (PNK/BLK 750) Ignition power to Cluster. Battery voltage in RUN. See 8A-11.

Terminals D1-D16

Terminal-Wire Color Function

D1 (BLK 150) Ground. See Section 8A-14.

D2 (YEL 237) Safety Belt input from Component Center. Battery voltage for 5 to 10 seconds after Ignition is put in RUN.

D3 (YEL/BLK 68) LOW COOLANT Indicator input. See Test L, M

D4 (BRN 25) CHARGE Indicator input. See Schematic Section 8A-30.

D5 (BRN/WHT 419) SERVICE ENG. SOON input from ECM. See Section 6E of Service Manual.

D6 NOT USED

D7 NOT USED

D8 NOT USED

D9 (LT BLU 811) English/metric switch output. See test N.

D10 (BRN/WHT 230) VF Dimmer input. Variable voltage with lights on and dimmer adjusted. See 8A-114.

D11 (TAN 31) Oil Pressure input. Sender resistance varies from 15 ohms, low pressure, to 91 ohms, high pressure. Tests E, F, G.

D12 (DK GRN/WHT 35) Coolant Temperature input. Send resistance varies from 60 ohms, hot, to 1500 ohms, cold. Tests H, I, J.

D13 (PPL 30) Fuel Level input. Sensor resistance varies from 18 ohms, empty, to 88 ohms, full. Tests B, C, D.

D14 NOT USED

D15 (DK GRN 389) Vehicle Speed input from ECM. See Schematic Section 8A-33.

D16 (ORN 640) Battery power (memory) to Cluster. Battery voltage at all times. See Section 8A-11.

I'm looking at the walkthrough on the site, and apparently C15 (the hot wire for the dummy lights) is left un-connected... so... how do they get power in the first place? I don't see anything on the UB3 wires you listed that gives the power for them to light up, I see grounds but no 10 AMP input. Am I missing it?

did you read the whole walkthrough? because it specifically says the procedure is to go from the base digi to gages cluster. that means you completely disregard the first set of pinouts, since you have a 92+ analog cluster. the pinouts i listed are the correct pinouts for the ub3 cluster. you have to look at the pinouts for your 92 cluster and figure out which wire is power to the bulbs. i don't have the diagram in front of me so i can't tell you

Ah, I thought the "Gauges" diagram was for the UB3, not the analog thing. And yes, I disregarded the first pinouts, hence the fact that the UB3 works :lol: . Where can I find the diagram for a UB3?

What I meant was, I was looking at the diagram for the analog cluster, thinking it was for the UB3 because it said "Gauges" on the top :oops:. But i'm still confused as to how those bulbs get power if you disregard the wire that gives them 10 amps.