remote keyless entry problem

john99gtp

arghh

so new remote came in, tried that, got the locks to cycle, hit a button, locks cycled again.

tested it, and it worked!

then it stopped working.....wtf

just for the hell of it, i tried my old remote...no good.

swapped batteries (for the hell of it), and both worked! WTF

tested about 30 seconds later, both DONT work. its almost like the battery has enuff life for 2 or 3 clicks, i think. Just for the hell of it, im going to get 4 brand new batteries. if those dont work, then its my box :( i really dont want to rip that out, it doesnt look fun.

should i infact go get batterieS?

if anyone says no in like 5 minutes i wont, but im leaving in 5 or so :P

<<impatient

resoder it, thats what did it for me, it will still ground if the joints are bad, mine did, and mine did the same thing ur saying, works, then doesnt, resoder it, ull be amazed! Mine obviously had been replaced, because it was right next to the speaker not held down or nothing, but if urs hasnt been moved or nothing, u take out the back seat and the rear dash i belive and there it is, but take off the speaker grill and see if u can see it

Easier than you think to take the box out. I didn't take my backseat out, just removed the trim around the back window. of course that was on a 4 door so it might be different.

cant see with the speaker in there, guess ill rip that out (if i can rip it out from the top)

i really didnt want to mess with removing the interior :( anyone got step by step? my gtp is a bitch to remove seats from, i can only imagine this ones going to be worse :(

Easier than you think to take the box out. I didn't take my backseat out, just removed the trim around the back window. of course that was on a 4 door so it might be different.

yea, damn you and your TSTE :P (or the TSTE that was formally owned by you!)

i remember redoing the antennae wire, HAH!

the back seat is sooo easy, theres 1, 18mm i think bolt right diect center of the seat cusion, take it off, then take off the seatbelt bolt and the little bolt holding the other part of the seat at the bottom on, then lift up till it comes off its metal slides and its out!