Gauges not working

manitcor

My gauges have compltely stopped working, all the idiot lights and guages do nothing even though the car runs fine.

The turn signal lights and back lights all work (they are on different circuits however). I inspected the control board and nothing seems to be fried.

I went to the JY and picked up a few extra clusters and they all do the same thing. I even tried one of my spare PCMs.

Is it possible I fried the BCM? Where is the BCM located anyway?

What else might be causing this?

to add a little more info, whenever I turn on the parking lamps or headlamps the warning bell dings, regaurdless on weather I have the key in or not, even when the car is running, makes driving at night an insanity inducing expierecne

ya know this makes it a bitch fer me as I have to look up both 95 and 96 diagrams to help ya.... :lol: :wink:

let me see what i can find...

edit: I bet yer dying to have the Mitchell OD disks now... :D

well if the turn signal indicators in the cluster dont work yet the turn signals on the exterior do i am leaning towards a ground problem or power with the whole cluster...

on the 95 cluster (ya have the interior harness as 95 if i am recalling correctly)

c3 and d3 terminals have the black wires that are the cluster ground, these run to G201 behind the I/P, on the right side of brake pedal bracket make sure they are grounded at the cluster terminals...

power supply for the cluster is:

well first do you have SEO (SEO ACCESSORY SWITCH PANEL) cluster? do you have a trip meter as well as the odometer? (has 3 switches acording to the diagram and is actually seperate from the cluster)

well fuse 39 (10 amp) feeds power (hot in run, bulb test and start)to the cluster pin C1(and SEO)

fuse 15 (15a) is hot only in the run position and feeds pin F on an 8 terminal connector...on this connector pin A is another ground that goes to G201 (this 8 wire connector feeds signals etc (also 2 wires from the SEO) to the digital speedo, so if they was bad only the speedo would not work...

when you state that the back lights work are you refering to the rear light on the car or the backlighting bulbs that illuminate the cluster? if they do work this indicates that the ground for these lights (as well as the high beam, L and R turn, and seat belt indicator) is OK (pin D3) make sure C3 is grounded though!

I havent had any cases yet in my career where the whole cluster has went out, so do these tests and let me know...and we will go from there...

oh and send a SASE to me fer the disks... :lol: just kidding I'll PM ya some time regarding them... :wink:

thanks for the info, everything in the interior is still 95 so it shouldnt be too bad, yeah the turn singal lights work fine as well as the back back lighting its just all the gauges and idiot lights

and the damn warning bell, I just had to drive to dinner and back, 15 mins of ding ding ding ding ding ding, I wanted to :bash: myself

def check the C3 ground then...(and might as well check the powers..)

hope thats it...let me know...

you know you can unplug the dinger module....

in the component center under right side of the dash...

let me know how it goes

James

Hmm. It sounds to me like something thinks the car is off, or the door is open. Something's stuck in "off" if it's chiming like you're getting out of your car without turning off your lights or leaving your key.

welp it was fuse 39, I tried to check the fuses earlier but I wasnt sure which fuse controlled the gauges without a diagram since its just labled IP Electronics.

Replaced the fuse and all is well :oops:

welp it was fuse 39, I tried to check the fuses earlier but I wasnt sure which fuse controlled the gauges without a diagram since its just labled IP Electronics.

Replaced the fuse and all is well :oops:

now if ya can just quit getting road head...maybe the fuses wont randomly blow :lol: your cars a good ole' gal! she still blows her fuse when ya piss her off.... :wink:

well to be honest the reason it blew is because im working on some cluster modifcations and lacking the ability to bench test the gauges I was running down and plugging them into the car to test.

I picked up a 12v 3amp bench power source from radio shack yesterday so I can now bench test as I make changes.