Mirror Keeps Falling

GP1138

I need to know if there's a better glue out there to put up rearview mirrors. I have tried Krazy Glue, but that apparently does not work, as it lasted a week before my rearview mirror fell off again, and I let the glue cure all night before I hung it back up again.

Any thoughts?

There's glue out there purposely for rear view mirrors. Two part system on most. I'd clean the hell out of the window and metal button, and apply the mirror specific glue. Should be able to pick it up just about anywhere. I've never had trouble with the mirror sticking after using it.

get a razor to scrape that krazy glue off your car, that shit doesn't work worth a shit. Like they said get the kit, it has a tube in it with green liquid, a alcohol pad to clean the window etc etc. I hope you are taking the metal button off the mirror to let it set all night. Hope it all works out Jay

oh and $$$$*

I used to use the kits, but they don't last as long as a good super glue. I use the permatex brand at work. Another tech used it on a pickup that came through the shop, then afterwards the guys bratty kids were hanging on the mirror and it fell off, taking part of the windshield with it. Permatex glue is scary strong.

I used Permatex rearview mirror adhesive, the stuff with the little glass vial inside a plastic tube that you have to break. If you follow the instructions exactly, it's super strong. I installed the rearview mirror in my 89 with that stuff about 5yrs ago and it's still holding strong.

• 2 weeks later...

The mistake I was making was to try to glue it on the windshield in the sun....no, no, no...don't do that. My mirror would fall off again in a couple of weeks. Since the guys on this forum set me straight about the shade, my mirror tab attachment has worked great. I use the Permatex stuff.