regals underepresented?

musthavemuzk

I second(or should I say third) that!

One thing I know for sure is I believe the Regal sold A LOT more sedans than coupes...I live in a fairly large city, and rarely see 88-96 Regal coupes...but I do see quite a few sedans...and it usually seems that older people, 40+, are driving them...

I can say that when I do see a Regal coupe, they're almost always NICE! I love the way they look...it's actually my second favorite W-Body...after the Cutlass Supreme...

So can anyone verfiy that of ALL the W-Bodies, the Regal sedans appeared to have out-sold their coupes by a lot higher ratio?

WHile it's true I do see a lot more Regal sedans, many of the coupes have a bland to excitement ratio of 10:1. The ones with ungodly amounts of chrome around the exterior lights, bumpers, window trim, chrome wire wheel covers, etc. Then there's the GS (sweet) and '94-96 (just as sweet) with a much cleaner look.

I never knew they came with chrome wheels. I like the '91-'92 GS Coupes with the fog lights and GS lower side skirts and black body mouldings. I don't really care much for the base model, but then again I can't stand the base model of any W-Body for that matter. I'd say go out, spend more money and get the best you can afford. That's why I picked a GS over the Limited or Custom.

The Regals sold in far fewer numbers I think. Or maybe just fewer coupes. I hardly ever notice the sedans much.

92-94 Regal GS coupes (with the foglights integrated into the bumper) are my favorite. I don't care for 95-96 because they look naked and far less aggressive without the ground-effects.

My friend test-drove a black 90 Regal GS with the 3800 once. Beautiful car, and great off-the-line torque. Lots of animated green bargraph gauges across the top of the dash my friend really liked, he said it looked "busy, like it's doing something" and not "lazy", he didn't like "lazy" dashes.

Unfortunately, the price was $11k which at the time, was too high and he couldn't get enough out of his 91 GPSE to pay for it.

I love digital gauges! I have the full gauge cluster on my '91 GS, but they're analogue. As far as I know '91 was the first year for sedans to come out, and I've never seen a sedan with digital gauges. It probably wouldn't be a difficult swap though.

The 3800 TPI has great off the line torque, so much that the torque steer throws you off to the right and you have to take your pedal off the gas and start steering left. Great engine, mine has 180,000km and no problems.

There'll be a sedan with full digital gauges this summer! It was supposed to happen this winter but my boss filled the maintenance bay at work with pallets of boiler gratings. No warm car bay for Lee to work in.

I sure wish I was near one of you guys for friend on hand support when I screw it up. What I see as a potential problem is getting the dash display toggled for bar graph and number display. That's where I'll keep it if I get it there.

I'm confident that there isn't a wiring harness plug lying in the dash for the "clustrer display" button.

i went to get some estimates on body work on my GS, and the guy who ownes the shop said that he considered the 88 to 91 Regal GS Coupes to be a little rare. He said it sooo much easier to get parts for a 4 door, and forget getting the GS side skirts and such. It ties as my favorite with the Pontiac GP as my fav w-body. I love the lines of my buick because it has a quiet, stealthy sportyness to it. Very much like a sports touring car (not the modern day inturpitation of what a touring car is with a billion vents and wings and crap) Sports touring cars are supposed to be luxury-ish sports cars. I think the buick regal GS's design (first generation) has this, but sadly, not the performance.

If you already have the full analogue gauge cluster then it shouldn't be a problem. I think it'd be a quick swap.

There'll be a sedan with full digital gauges this summer! It was supposed to happen this winter but my boss filled the maintenance bay at work with pallets of boiler gratings. No warm car bay for Lee to work in.

I sure wish I was near one of you guys for friend on hand support when I screw it up. What I see as a potential problem is getting the dash display toggled for bar graph and number display. That's where I'll keep it if I get it there.

I'm confident that there isn't a wiring harness plug lying in the dash for the "clustrer display" button.

I have the basic digital speedo dash. To go from that to the full analog is the easy swap. Hard to believe but true. The pin-outs on the connector are identical. The full digital has half of the c-wires in the connector going to d pin-outs and half the d's going into c-pin-outs. Strangest of all is that they felt they had to give slightly different names to the wires. I also found that the abs wire is a different color...though probably doing the same thing.

Then there's the "trip odometer reset' and 'cluster display" buttons on a module that relpaces the big EN/METRIC button below the radio head unit.

It takes two connector plugs. I'm pretty confident that I only have one connector back ther for my EN/METRIC button.

I'll be playing with it come summer.

Sounds like the Regal gauges cluster is a Nippon Denso also.

The reason the digital gauges cluster on the Cutlass has a different pinout is because it's made my Nippon Denso while the base and analog gauges clusters are made by AC Delco.

The Denso clusters are far more reliable!