Power Locks - Updated with PICS

gpse_97

It might be just a thick tan wire in the newer cars, I'll have to check my wiring diagrams.

on the actual relay, there are 5 wires.

black, yellow, orange, green, blue-white.

Which position on the relay would the tan-white normally be?

It might be just a thick tan wire in the newer cars, I'll have to check my wiring diagrams.

on the actual relay, there are 5 wires.

black, yellow, orange, green, blue-white.

Which position on the relay would the tan-white normally be?

also the connector on the drivers side under the dash, the only tan-white color wire was the one that goes into what looks like the BCM.

Strange, every schematic I pull up shows a TAN wire in position E on the relay for newer cars, and TAN-WHT in older cars (also position E). What do you have in E?

You will have to pull down some carpet to see the door connectors.

This is the power lock relay right?

r1.jpg

This is the location of the power lock relay

r3.jpg

this is where the tan-white wire on the drivers side kickpanel is

r4.jpg

from what I see I tap into\splice the wire from the driver side kickpanel tehn run teh wire into the relay.

now beside the relay there is a connector with nothing connected to it, and there is a tan wire in position E on that conector.

what is normally connected there??

That's not the lock relay, no.

this is the lock relay:

lockrelay.jpg

shitty pic.. only pic of it that I have from doing my power window/lock install last year. it's about twice as wide as what you posted.

See that big 3x3" black connector with all the cut wires to the right of the relay? In the car, the relay should be directly to the left of it, higher up in the dash than the component center that you posted pics of.

I think your power lock relay is missing entirely. That loose connector is what goes to the power lock relay. The relay you thought was the power lock relay is actually the rear window defroster relay. That might explain why your passenger door locks don't work.

I think the connector in the kickpanel you're looking for looks like the yellow one in Tony's pic. It's an inline connector.

I think your power lock relay is missing entirely. That loose connector is what goes to the power lock relay.

wow, I entirely missed that.. should've known too, put me through enough trouble..

I think the connector in the kickpanel you're looking for looks like the yellow one in Tony's pic. It's an inline connector.

that yellow connector is for one of the rear door harnesses I BELIEVE... if so he won't find that one in the kick panel, trust me :lol: that should be inside of the b-pillar.

does anyone know if a '91 Buick LeSabre uses the same relay and where it would be located? I ask because I have a '91 LeSabre as my "spare" car and if it has the relay I can just take it out and plug it into my '92 STE.

No idea on the LeSabre, but I wouldn't get one from a dealer. Every junkyard car with power locks should have one. I don't think that part changed at all in the first gen W's. You should be able to pick one up for next to nothing.