Door handle replaced

Chinski

I ordered one of those handles from http://www.1aauto.com/ Check out the post in the Group Purchase section. It appears real similar to my old aftermarket one, in fact I see no real difference at all. There are only 2 things that I can see, neither has mutch to do with strength. The pivot rivet is put in from the other side and a taller more triangular nubbie is now more rounded off (its a nubbie to hold the spring and has nothing to do with anything strength-wise as far as I can tell). Other than that the old one feels just a bit heavier but the new one feels a bit stronger in the door. It is possible that it is made of steel as it feels more like steel, but I didn't remove any paint to check. I'm not seeing this lifetime warrenty on the website but I might not be looking in the right place? The only thing I see says 90 day defect free and returnable anytime if the part wasn't installed. Also they just sent me the part, no paperwork, so I'm not sure what I'd do if it broke...give them my order number I guess; if I can manage to save it somewhere.

umm actuly I beleve the only place I have seen thier listing it with a lifetime warrenty is on ebay...the put up like one set every 2 weeks or so....it list the warrenty there...

You don't need to scrape paint to check for steel, just use a magnet!

Please try it!

Pot-metal (what the original door handles are made of) is non-magnetic, as it's an amalgamation of zinc and aluminum.

I should have remembered that, same way I looked for bondo on my car before I bought it. After I found a magnet (which took some looking) I went outside and it was snowing like mad so I didn't open up the door. I think the handle is all one piece anyway, so I just tried to stick it to that. No luck. Bummer.