grand prix GXP

mikeymo

so we just got a grand prix GXP V8 in our dealership today....took it for a test drive and ohmygodthisthingisfast....even with the traction control on the tires spin every time you leave a stop light...loaaaads of torque and the 305 hp doesnt hurt either...the car handles like a dream...nice and solid on the corners and very little torque steer cuz the front tires are actually wider than the back....the interior upgrads are fantastic as well...perforated leather on the wheel and shifter....suede inserts on the seats and a milled aluminum gauge panel with more aluminum accents in the rest of the cabin.....this car is insane!!

so we just got a grand prix GXP V8 in our dealership today....took it for a test drive and ohmygodthisthingisfast....even with the traction control on the tires spin every time you leave a stop light...loaaaads of torque and the 305 hp doesnt hurt either...the car handles like a dream...nice and solid on the corners and very little torque steer cuz the front tires are actually wider than the back....the interior upgrads are fantastic as well...perforated leather on the wheel and shifter....suede inserts on the seats and a milled aluminum gauge panel with more aluminum accents in the rest of the cabin.....this car is insane!!

The aluminum is probably plastic.

So you beat on a car with what 50 miles on it?

To me it looks like a glorified version of a regular GP, which has similar interior to the whole GM lineup. Chrome=plastic. But it does look nice.

FWIW I beat on any new car I get my hands on (rental cars) :mrgreen:

Bonneville GXP looks more like a grand prix than the grand prix GXP does. They should trade bumpers...then i will take one of each. :roll:

05 GXPs are still going for like 25-26K right now right?

The aluminum is probably plastic.

So you beat on a car with what 50 miles on it?

it's a common practice actually

many employees at dealerships abuse the hell out of brand new cars

hell, my Colorado had over 40 miles on it when i picked it up....i wonder, well used to anyways, who drove it, for what reason, and how hard

btw, torque steer isn't solved by wide tires, it's eliminated by equal length driveshafts

i dunno but this new "G6" looks like shit and the 06 GPs aren't much better. but the solstice is godly and it's at a decent price. definately considering this as a replacement after the regal.

*cough* Boneville GXP *cough*

piece of shit compared to the Grand Prix GXP...i drove both @ the autoshow in motion and the difference is like night and day...GP is alot quicker and the handling is alot more solid...the bonnie has NASTY understeer and the brakes arent very great either... :roll:

...basically i love the looks of the boneville and think the boneville looks better then the gp but i'd rather drive the gp...

BTW: opions stated above are my own...others may not agree...

btw, torque steer isn't solved by wide tires, it's eliminated by equal length driveshafts

That also assumes 50/50 power distribution to the wheels though. I think that probably matters more than the length---but length does matter to a degree.

If I ORDERDED a brand new car and it had 40 or 50 miles I'd be saying "what the fuck?"

The new G6s and Pursuits we got from the dealership (we are located IN the dealership) had about 8-10km on them. That's with the plastic still on the carpets and seats.