computers ????

perfecseal

I just brought home one of the two tgps I just bought.This frist one being the parts car.... Now my question is I plan on useing the motor in a project car I have.. But was wondering one thing.. I plan on swaping the stock 3.1 in my 91 cavalier z24 5 speed with the tgp motor and such.So I want to know If I need to transfer the whole comp setup or just have a chip made for this comp.. Seeing as it is already setup for a 3.1 5speed I thought it might be esayer to intergrat the tgp code.. But Im lost when it comes to this So please help ....

I'd swap the computer if I were you. Thats what I did. It seems like alot of work, since you have to cut all the wires running to your stock computer, but it's pretty easy when you have both schematics in front of you. There will be a couple more wires with the tgp computer because of the different EGR (I believe there's one more signal wire). I aslo disable my purge tank and use the purge tank wiring for my wastegate solenoid. It was perfect since there was two wirings running to it already, (two wires on the solenoid). You'll just have to wire the stock 3.1 purge tank to the TGP computer where the wastegate solenoid. As for EGR vavle. I don't have mine plugged, since I disabled it as well. So, otherwise it's a direct swap if you have patience. You say you already have a 5-speed chip made?? If this is true, you should reprogram it and disable the EGR and Purge if your not going to run them. Alot of guys just remove there EGR and replace it with a homemade cover. Are you going to be using the stock crossover pipe for the turbo. If so, you' have to remove your top 3.1 N/A engine mount. I made a mount for my which sits on my lower cross member and wraps around my tranny. It's bolt in 3 spots, instead of 2 spots on the top which allows the tranny/engine to twist much, much easier. I'm and engineering designer for mining equip. So you can trust me, lol. I made this mount very, very strong. You'll just need to find your own rubber padding for the mount. I'll try to find my sketch's and post them. It's been a while so bare with me!!! With this mount, I completely removed my stock upper mount, which gave me plenty of room for the turbo. Another nice thing, is that your car is a 91', same as mine. This means you don't have ABS. If you had ABS, your master cylinder would be in the way and you would need a completely different setup. Either you knew this, or your lucky, lol.

From there, it's pretty much cut and fit as she goes.

It took me about 3 full weekends to have the transplant done and running. Then about 2 days of testing to check everything. Trust me, the difference is amazing. I destroy old 5.0L stang's.............litterally!!

For future preference.................you might wanna change you clutch right now, :lol:

I dont have a chip made I have the stock one.. I was asking if the code from the cavalier and the tgp could be merged together to make a driveable car.

I bought two tgps from Fieroguy65.. One runs with a but needs a new nose. and the other "the parts car" is compleat except for turbo ,crossover , and computer.. so my plan is too use the motor out of the parts tgp an put that in the cavy and buy a jeff M cross over , a gt35 turbo , P&P the intake and the heads, add a mild cam , have the cross over and down pipe ceramic coated , valve job and a few other things then finding some one to help get a computer to run it all.. and the good tgp is gona get a new nose and stay stock for now. I will have a 89 and a 90 tgp :):) both red one with the tan interior and one with the gray interior.. Ohh and the trann from the parts tgp is going into my 91 gp se.

If I had a 12 Guage..I'd make you donate parts from your 91 to restore one of the TGPs. :shock: :lol:

Search and destroy... :roll:

If not getting a costome x-over made...and using OE ..you need the trans mount setup simmilar to a 92-93 L-body automatic..which wraps around the tranny and mounts to the fender wall. The other way is using a mount setup simmilar to a 5spd Fiero.

Your Cavi should have the '730 ECM...which is the same ECM I have on my 88 Beretta. The TGP ECM ('727) and the J/L body ECM ('730)..are the same ECM just different case. The TGP MemCal will drop right in the Cavi ECM. BUT...i've been hering stories of Cav ECMs not liking the TGP memcal...(bitches :roll: )..I know my Beretta ECM works just like the TGP ECM...everything works..even using a TGP specific Dataloger..and works. Prob related to bad wiring or bad ECMs on Cavis.

To connect a waste gate controller..run a wire from Pin F2 on your ecm to the selinoid and from the other pin on the selinoid..run a wire to the EGR hot in run wire. Everything else is the same as far as engine sensors..cept the map sensor..you need the TGP 2bar map...and your IAT sensor in now routed to the TGP MAT sensor.

You need to check your AC swithcing and sensors..as the TGP uses different sensors. YOu might need to convert to TGP switches or Compressor sensors.

Your best bet for a BASE "BETA" 5spd chip to start on your 5spd cavi on boost is to check with TGPilot or god910. I have an old code they used to have..but im sure they have it updated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GARRETT-GT35R-GT35-40R-BALLBEARING-TURBO-BRAND-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQitemZ7999135647QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Thatts the turbo I plan on useing ...

TurboGTU No shot gun needed what ever is left over from the parts car when Im done with the cavy and both of my tgps will be thrown with all the parts I have from the 93 gtp that I parted out and will be offerd to anyone who needs them at very low cost plus shipping..

I have a 89 beretta gt that is on the list of things to play with after I get threw this...

Latter today when I get the m last tgp home I will take new pics of all of them and a buch of pics of all the parts I have around and post them..

Na man..just playin with you :lol: . Do what you please with the cars.

You can paint them Purple with black stipes or Pain them pink or what ever.. :wink:

Trust me..you'll never be done with one project. :twisted:

I have a couple of custom chip files here for my car. Let me know if you want them. I'll email them to you :D

One is all setup for 14psi of boost, timing retarded, fuel cut off raised, EGR disabled, purge disabled, fan temps set-up for 160 Thermo, and the 5-speed patch is perfect. (the patch file on GMPCM is missing a few key things so atleast copy mine and start there.

My other chip is pretty much the same except different timing and boost levels are set for 11 psi.

Let me know!!!!

That would be great Turbokid. I have to push back this project for alittle while to help out my sister but I am going to use the time to save up alittle money and bu a 284 to swap in.