looking to get a locking gas tank cap

cutty

i have tried looking on ebay for one, but couldnt find one that would fit the cutlass. anyone know where you can get one from or even if GM has one that i could pick up at a dealership.

and mods i wasnt sure if this was the right section to post this is, but if not, please move it to the right section.

anyones help on this would be great.

Your local NAPA should carry them too. When I was there to buy my check valve, the guy said he was surprised I wasn't in to buy a locking gas cap. Said he had already had 20 people buying one that day.

ill have to go look around here for one, we only have pepboys, advance, and autozone here, and i think theres a napa somewhere

go to pepboys

they have a whole display of locking gas caps

Your local NAPA should carry them too.

haha dont even bother, the chance of finding one here is slim to none. The day that gas went up, we had atleast 50 peopl come in looking for them and I think we had 1 in the whole country then. :lol:

do NOT buy an autozone locking cap, they are a 3 piece design that pulls apart very easly. I will be modding the cap (lol epoxying it) so it wont come apart so easly.

alrite thanks, ill keep away from there then!

• 2 weeks later...

What do you need a locking gas cap for. You can't siphon gas from the tank because you can't get anything past that little check ball in the tank that the filler neck connects to. There's a one way ball valve or something in there that let's gas go in and nothing else. I think they put that in there in case of rollover in an accident and to prevent gas from spilling out. Man the part stores made a killing off of you all. :lol:

You can siphon from these cars, believe me.

Not only that, it's preventing people from putting shit IN your tank, not only taking it out. They're well worth the money if you live in a "bad" neighborhood. Man, the parts store is gonna make a killing off of you when you come in for new injectors, a new fuel pump, and fuel lines.:lol: