3.1 harness

MonteC

Yeah the firewall connector requires a torx bit to remove. It is located on the firewall near the rear of the alternator. Once you have that out, pull it up and start unplugging as you go along.

I also think that the fuse/convenience center in the passenger fender comes out as a whole, no unplugging neccesary.

Guest TurboSedan

removing the fuel injector sub harness will require plenum removal of course. although; you can unplug the fuel injector sub harness from the main engine harness. the fuel injector sub harness includes the injectors (doh!), EGR, MAP, TPS, CTS (both of them), IAC, and canister purge solenoid connectors etc.

As I'm pulling the harness in the TGP I've noticed the main firewall connector isn't the only place it needs to be disconnected. There are at least 3 other spots on the firewall where wires go through and can only be disconnected by unscrewing a plastic cover over them on the firewall, pulling back the carpet and whatever else inside and disconnecting connectors below the dashboard. I can find no other way to get the harness out in one piece. What gives?

Guest TurboSedan

you must be talking about other harnesses like for the fog lights or something :?:

i have a TGP engine harness in my car and the firewall connector is the only one that needs to be disconnected....just like the NA 3.1.

you must be talking about other harnesses like for the fog lights or something :?:

i have a TGP engine harness in my car and the firewall connector is the only one that needs to be disconnected....just like the NA 3.1.

I know at least one section goes to the lights, but nevertheless that and the engine wiring I believe is intertwined... maybe I'm missing something.

I know at least one section goes to the lights, but nevertheless that and the engine wiring I believe is intertwined... maybe I'm missing something.

the engine harness was wired thru directly to the dash wiring :shock:

ill probably just cut out the ecm connector wiring formt he rest of the harnesss. not cut the wires but cut the tape and the black crinkle wrap, and then just retape and re crinckle wrap them.

the only problem is that the tps wires are fucked up somewhere in the harness, thats the only reason im replacing the harness.

the engine harness was wired thru directly to the dash wiring :shock:

No, I figured it out..

There was one harness for the lights. It had appeared that it was connected to the rest of the engine harness but I guess it wasn't, because when I pulled it all out today it came out seperately.

Then there was the main engine harness and another section of harness that goes somewhere to do something... can't remember what it was connected to. It SHOULD have been a seperate harness it appears, but there were two power wires coming out of the ABS fuse box on this piece of harness that linked to the aux. positive terminal/fuel relay box, making it 1 harness short of cutting those wires.