oil pump drive 0-ring?

bogart219

hey guys,

Took my 94 GP 3.1 into the shop today to have a fuel pump replaced. While it was there, I told them I had a oil leak in the engine somewhere and to see if they could find it. They told me that it was the

oil pump drive o-ring that was leaking. They wanted $200 bucks to replace the o-ring. I told them forget it. I could of sworn I seen this discussed around here before. I did a search but could not find the post.

Could someone please post the link to the thread that talks about this?

Would greatly appreciate it!! :D

well if it helps ya this is a pick of the oil pump drive on a 3.4L DOHC (no ya dont have to remove the head on the LQ1 to do it...) it is in the same spot on your 3x00 but doesnt have the head's intake manifold bolt boss hanging over it...

to the right is the trans belhousing...the rest is self explanitory...it really isnt a hard job easy IMO on the 3x00 engines.... :wink: but then i've done almost a hundred of them...

119_1924.jpg

When he took the heads off, the coolant leaked out and puddled on top of the drive plate..

LIM... :wink:

yeah the circular thingamajig is the oil pump drive (basically the bottom half of a distributer (like on a 95 pontiac transport with the 3.1 TBI)

i took this pic when i was replacing cam carrier gaskets on Al's (the owner of the 442), brothers 93 GP....I wish i had taken picks of how you cut the boss off the head to change the oring without removing the head (dont worry you leave 75% of the threads there for the LIM bolt...)