exhaust options and more

Crimson Fury Z

since i got 1 magnaflow, i'm either going to convert to a single 2.5 mandrel w/high flow cat, or sell the mag and go w/stock size thrush or summit turbos w/high flow cat. what sounds like the best of the 2 options? (not going to shell more $$ for another mag, or have to hear the excuses from the place that i ordered the 1st one as to why they haven't ordered it yet.)

then the radiator.......got a coolant leak from what appears to be the platic side part(driver side) and maybe on the pass. side, too. any cheap suggestions? thinking about one from a yard. then the damn cooling fans; the chip had the primary kick on at 180, t-stat still works, but the fan doesn't. after replaciong the motor. secondary comes on just after the 1/2 mark.

Basically, no matter what exhaust you do, get mandral bends because they flow 35% better than non-mandral bends. But basically it depends on how you want it to sound and what sounds good to you.

I have a 2.25" mandral bend exhaust with a Dynomax Ultra-Flo SS muffler. rather simple.

agreed. on another note, i found my 2nd exhaust leak; where the pipe connects to the cat(not the downpipe) :D. i'll start looking into comparing mandrel prices. one place quoted me at like $125, and the guy asked why i wanted to do it.......... :? so i had to learn him straight. :bash:

granparents said they'd cover the exhaust(sigh of relief!!). so i'm going to price a single mandrel 2.5, then get a high flow cat. maybe later down the road i'll get the Y done again. i see where they had welded it the first time that cracked. where the pipe that goes to the muffs connects at the cat. so the shop(yet to be chosen) will have a lil work already done! :mrgreen: