Turbo Chip Question

Sleek 93 SE

Instead of having someone burn a chip for a custom turbo setup, would an apexi safc work?

If not, besides Ben, who would burn a chip for a custom turbo setup on a 3.1/4t60e?

Thanks

-Nick

Guest TurboSedan
Instead of having someone burn a chip for a custom turbo setup, would an apexi safc work?

If not, besides Ben, who would burn a chip for a custom turbo setup on a 3.1/4t60e?

Thanks

-Nick

i don't think Ben will burn a chip for custom turbo setups but i could be wrong. i don't even think he does TGP chips.

i doubt there are many turbo 3.1s around with apexi safc. best bet is to start with a TGP chip and a 4T60 non E. you can do alot of stuff with GMPCM and a Willem EPROM burner.

otherwise i would say Jud (sleeperred90tgp) would be the person to talk to about other methods.

Guest TurboSedan

i would check out the GMPCM.com forum and ask Mick. Mick is the site admin there and i'm sure he can help you out (he's a very very helpful person and i'm sure he'd be willing to work with you). i'm not sure if people have been doing TGP code with a 4T60-E or not....or even if that is possible. if not, i still think starting with a non-E 4T60 & TGP chip along with tuning with GMPCM would be the way to go.

THe Apexi won't do you any good. Why..its only adding more or less voltage to what ever the map sensor is reading..to confuse the PCM thats its at another map reading. I have this unit..well the Apexi Super AFC II...but on a VAM'ed car.

APexi don't do jack for timming.

YOur best bet is a FMU and a retard box. Or swaping over to a Non E or 5spd. and use the TGP code.

I know of one person who did a Auto 3.4 TDC code intergration with the TGP code. But it still had issues and was verry involved to do (trade secrets,,unless $$$).

If there is a transmission swap involved I may just say forget it and find another car to do it to.

You'd most likely have to anyway. Your 4t60E most likely wouldn't hold up to boost very long.

If there is a transmission swap involved I may just say forget it and find another car to do it to.

You'd most likely have to anyway. Your 4t60E most likely wouldn't hold up to boost very long.

^Yep. There are parts for 4T60-E's to make them hold more than anyone here will likely see though.....but you gotta pay to play. :wink: