High mileage, whos is the highest?

jragsdale262

OK, my 89 SE has 231k miles on it, and is reliable as any new car you can drive off the lot. I didn't actually know how many miles I had until today as 99% of the time my odometer reads "Error".

I'd like to know how far can one of these cars go? My friend who referred me to purchase my car because it was exactly like his had the car die two months ago (threw a rod) in Sleepy Hollow, NY at 183k miles.

Though none of my cars right now have "too" high a mileage, my first 6000 STE with the distributored 2.8L had 164K miles.....when I BOUGHT it. I beat that thing black and blue (being my first "real" car, and all) for 5 years straight, and it just kept coming back for more. Made a 5 hour trip to WI with it, even doing 105 MPH a good distance of the trip, and it didn't even flinch. Had around 225K miles when it finally threw a rod, and even THAT was MY fault. It had developed a small oil leak somewhere, and I didn't notice it till it got so low on oil that it started sounding like a diesel. :shock: By then, it was too late. Otherwise, I'm confident the little bastard would still be going today.

The GP died at 180k from a failed transmission that had been slipping since 125k.

I can seriously relate.. *comfort*

High mileage isn't a bad thing, I suppose, so long as maintenance was maintained.. but since these things aren't exactly new I suppose it would be hard to fix what some retard living in the suburbs and has a come over did.

My Lumina only has 132k on it. The other day I was making a delivery to a shop ( I deliver tires) and on a flatbed in comes a 90 Grand Prix 3.1. It looked decent but and when I asked about it they said the subframe had broken. When I looked at the mileage it was 301,XXX. I almost fell over. I didnt believe it until they started this thing. It ran so quiet! They were going to put a new subframe in and continue driving it as a delivery car for the shop seeing as the owner didn't want it back.

Just goes to show how much of tanks these things are.

145k miles and climing. Besides a cracked engine block )dont ask) and leaking tranny (fixed) and the famous brake issue, it runs pretty good. :mrgreen:

I <3 my regal! (But an lQ1 in my regal would be nicer.....) :wink:

95 Regal: 179,000 on the original powertrain (L27/4T60-E.) With as little as I drive it nowadays, I doubt I'll even run it up to 200k before I swap in an L67...

l think mine could go for almost the lowest.....i just cracked 103,000 on my 93 lumi....

There are PLENTY here a lot lower than that...especially the newer W's(plenty of older ones as well). :wink: