Fog & Driving Lights

88Intl

Which is more useful all around for twisty turny narrow country roads, with rain, snow, occasional heavy fog? Yellow fog, clear fog, driving lights?

Are cheap lights found at Walmart, Autozone, etc worth installing?

May be able to get factory fog lights from an '89 CS International at the junkyard, would this require a bumper swap? Are the factory fog lights on an early CD any good? I got the OEM fog light switch with some other interior parts, but forgot to look at the front end.

Fog lights throw a "fat" short beam of light onto the road, Driving lights are like the round lights in the bumper of a GTP, which throw a long thinner beam of light. I'd go for driving lights, my fogs sucks big fat ass! U can even have them if u want them for the cost of shipping. They cost me around 30-40 bucks and i lost the reciept, ot i would have taken them back. They were from either Meijer's, Kmart or someother place. If i were to buy driving lights again i would get PIAA'S, they are deff worht the extra cash! Trust me they won't dissapoint you at all. Hope this helps some. -JAY-

I don't know if u can see them in my sig or not....

From my experience, don't waste your cash on anything other than OEM if you want an OEM look. I went through 2 sets- both sets, the glass lenses couldn't hold up to driving and looked sandblasted after a month and eventually shattered. The bulbs are the biggest pain in the ass, because they dont install with a spring clip like OEM, rather, they use a 3mm long tiny phillips screw that dubs as the negative wire holder for the bulb. This was such a drawback, and most AEM are the same crap, so I spent $45 on ebay and bought actual GM units and haven't been happier. No you won't need to swap bumpers, I think you'll have to drill holes in the (exposed) metal bumper reinforcement since you have an '88. THey'll look quite "at home" on your car. HTH