2 Questions... (wheels & spoiler)

nebojsa_o

One is about wheels, and one is about a spoiler/lip, but I didn't want to start two topics in separate sections. If it needs to be done, let me know, and I'll edit this topic and make a new one for the wheel question.

1. Are the Pontiac Boneville wheels, the spoked ones, that look similar to '96 GTP's (I think) and the TGP ones the same bolt pattern as our W-body cars, I like the looks of those, and I figure they'll be easier to find then the 5 spoke CS wheels. Are they 16" wheels, and how wide are they, they're not 8" like TGP, right?

2. I saw a 4 door Lumina at the J/Y today, and it had a spoiler, well more of a lip then a spoiler. Like this one here (hope you don't mind 1990Lumina)

http://members.shaw.ca/subject2change/lumina/

Would that fit on a 1996 Cutlass Supreme Sedan?? Is it too big, or too small, or not the same shape as the Lumina trunk lid. Or would it be a good fit.

I'm not replacing anything, because my car doesn't have anything there. LoL, I got a turnklid, but I always thought that rear end was missing something. Now I don't know it may be just me, but I like granny racks. Don't take that the wrong way you pervs. :lol: I was looking for something to put there, but can't make up my mind as to what I want. The problem is I don't wanna start putting things on, because there is gonna be lots of holes on the trunk lid if I decide to change to something else. I saw a '97 CS once, and it had a nice looking spoiler on it already, but I don't know if that's factory, or is that from some other car. It looked similar to a '96 Intrepid spoiler. I like the looks of that lumina spoiler/lip, I like the granny racks ( :oops: ) and something like that Intrepid spoiler, and I don't know what I want. Maybe a 3D model of a Supreme with the Lumina lip on it would show me if I like it or not...

I don't know how great the spolier like my car has would look on your car??? It would fit, but as to it being wide enough or too wide it may look wrong on a cutty.

Either way, good luck!!! The granny rack imo, isn't that bad either. I don't know why I like it either, but it seems to good with the car.

Did the cutty's come with optional factory spoliers?? I don't know 100% :oops:

Again, good luck!!!

1. Are the Pontiac Boneville wheels, the spoked ones, that look similar to '96 GTP's (I think) and the TGP ones the same bolt pattern as our W-body cars, I like the looks of those, and I figure they'll be easier to find then the 5 spoke CS wheels. Are they 16" wheels, and how wide are they, they're not 8" like TGP, right?

http://www.w-body.com/forum/search.php!!!!!!!!

they don't fit.

Thanks a lot for that response Gutless, but I know about the search option. I just think it either blows, or I don't know how to use it to fnid anything useful, and if it's the latter than maybe we need a guide on using search. Every time I search it just comes up with a list of topics that have just been posted, no matter if they have anything to do with what I'm looking for. Is something wrong with my explorer, or does that happen to everyone..

Yea, next day I have time, I'll go measure out that spoiler, and try and imagine how it would look on my car if the measurements seem right. Does anyone know if any CS came with a spoiler from the factory???

Search goes through topics for the words you put in the search box.. it functions as it's supposed to. if you're using multiple words that should be one phrase, or at least used somewhat together, select the "Search for all terms" radio button. Select "Display results as: Posts" to help pick out specific sentences with the entered word/phrase so you don't have to go through the whole topic looking for the info you want. Search works fine, you just have to know how to use it, and sometimes get creative with your wording/phrasing. You can't enter some words and expect it to "know what you mean" and return only whats exactly on topic.

Does anyone know if any CS came with a spoiler from the factory???

The euro spolier would look totally out of place on a cutty, IMHO of course.

The only factory cutty spolier is the lip style one.

brrr just looking at those pics Jeff makes me shiver!!!!

I changed the link to my summer pics lol...forgot about how old that link is...it's already going down to 35-36degrees most nights here, I know what that means :(

granny racks are pimp not to mention being totally useless

kind of like the outside lights on the pillars of 80's Crown Vics and shit

Listen Lady I brought a christmas tree home with mine on my '89! :lol:

granny racks are pimp not to mention being totally useless

kind of like the outside lights on the pillars of 80's Crown Vics and shit

Listen Lady I brought a christmas tree home with mine on my '89! :lol:

:lol:

that must have been a small tree

OK, so since the lumina lip might look out of place, I was just wondering, I don't have my mind set on anything yet. How about the Boneville spoiler, looks like a big lip to me, maybe I'll call it a fat lip, lol. Either way, does anyone know if that would fit on a cutty, size wise??? I would measure it out, but I didn't see any Bonnies at the J/Y that's close to me, and I might freak out someone in my crescent when they see me checking out their car, and measuring it.

GutlessSupreme: Are you sure the Bonnie wheels wouldn't fit, because I looked on google some more, and found out that they are the same pattern 5 x 115, so I was just wondering if you know they wouldn't fit, or is that what you think??

GutlessSupreme: Are you sure the Bonnie wheels wouldn't fit, because I looked on google some more, and found out that they are the same pattern 5 x 115, so I was just wondering if you know they wouldn't fit, or is that what you think??

The bolt pattern on most GMs will be the same. That isn't the issue. The problem with our Gen I w-bodys is the offset of the wheels, meaning the Bonny wheels may not clear the front calipers on our cars. We're a bit more limited in our interchanging on wheels then most other cars from the GM family.

And I can't say for sure, but the Bonny spoiler is probably going to be too wide for a w-body, too.

Aah, damn, why does everything have to be about the size? :mrgreen:

Well, how about this question then, what are some cars that have wheels like the Bonnie, or GTP, or some other cars with same offset and bolt pattern that would fit my cutty?? Some common cars that I might be able to find at a J/Y, or at least get the wheels for cheap off of ebay or something. They need to be 16"... Any coming to mind that are worth mentioning?

361237_14_full.jpg

woooo wooooo wooo! Aint nothing wrong with sporting the granny rack, just got to know how to sport it in style that's all!

Im thinking of getting the z34 body parts for my car, bumpers, trunk lid with spoiler, grille and such but i dont know. we'll have to see.

I think it was in 1994 for Cutlass Supreme coupes, wasn't it?? And I have no clue about the Luminas lip spoiler.

EDIT: I bought some Grand Prix GTP crosslaced rims today. For $200 canadian at a J/Y with tires, althoug they are pretty bad. 3 of the rims are in good shape, however need some polishing to look even better, and the 4th one has some of that golden/tan/yellow stuff scratched off, but not big enough to bothe me. If I find anothe one, I'll get one wheel off of it, and if not, then I'll get this one powder coated. I might not put them on until the spring though, because I can't afford 4 brand new tires, and don't wanna bend them if I smoke a curb in winter. :oops:

I think it was in 1994 for Cutlass Supreme coupes, wasn't it?? And I have no clue about the Luminas lip spoiler.

EDIT: I bought some Grand Prix GTP crosslaced rims today. For $200 canadian at a J/Y with tires, althoug they are pretty bad. 3 of the rims are in good shape, however need some polishing to look even better, and the 4th one has some of that golden/tan/yellow stuff scratched off, but not big enough to bothe me. If I find anothe one, I'll get one wheel off of it, and if not, then I'll get this one powder coated. I might not put them on until the spring though, because I can't afford 4 brand new tires, and don't wanna bend them if I smoke a curb in winter. :oops:

Where'd you pick 'em up at? Bucks, Amigos, Affliated???

Sounds like a good buy to me. If you have the cash you could always take them down to Kelvin's Wheels and get them refinsihed. I believe they charge around $80 per wheel (might want to call ahead to make sure, that price is from a few years ago).

Yea, I got them at Amigos. A white GTP. That 4th wheel, has about a milimiter of the alloy, or alluminum scratched off in a few spots, how would they fix that up. Just smooth it out, or what, well I'm not in that big of a hurry, besides it's not a big deal either. I gotta buy 4 tires, 225/60/16 is appearently $130 a piece at walmart, for who knows what brand. So to get some decent tires, it will cost a little more I'm guessing. Unless something really goes my way, and all is well, I might not buy them before spring. Seeing how my brakes are acting up a little, the ABS light goes on, then I turn off the car, and it's all good again, I don't know what will need fixing next.