Brightest Headlights

93 Grand Prix

not really caring for pricing, just brighter bullbs, but someone told me that piaa are not all that they are to up be. Have anyone ever heard of farenheit bulbs? They claim to be brighter than PIAA.

Guest Anonymous

Most bulbs you look at that claim to be brighter are a higher wattage and could cause damage to wiring. I'm not saying they will but it's a possibility. Alot of them seem to burn out quicker than normal.

I know a guywho has had the same set of PIAA's in his car for 2 years. They are only 51 watts which is actually lower than a stock bulb. But they have a higher output. The only thing I don't like is the $70.00 price tag.

This guy has been mentioned in automotive newspaper columns when the subject about lighting comes up. Lots of info (who really knows if it's valid info or not). He does sell, so keep that in mind. I've also seen him around on some of the automotive newsgroups.

http://lighting.mbz.org/

Just don't ask him any questions. Back when he was small-time I asked him a few lighting-related questions and he was condescending, rude, and insulting. I can only imagine how horrible his personality must be now that his name has been in newspaper columns and he actually has his own business.

This guy has been mentioned in automotive newspaper columns when the subject about lighting comes up. Lots of info (who really knows if it's valid info or not). He does sell, so keep that in mind. I've also seen him around on some of the automotive newsgroups.

Just don't ask him any questions. Back when he was small-time I asked him a few lighting-related questions and he was condescending, rude, and insulting. I can only imagine how horrible his personality must be now that his name has been in newspaper columns and he actually has his own business.

You noticed that too, huh? He's still comes across like that. Having "....mbz.org" in the URL might have something to do with it. He might not have any patience for Chevy and asian import people. :?:

I have Matrixx Brand bulbs in my car. "Ultra white" are 100w High 80w Low. I got them from summit racing for $20 a pair. I would first try a pair of "Sylvania Silver Star" lights. i am switching to them, mine now are kinda shitty when its wet out. Eather that or go flat out for the best HID! $300 is a bit pricy.

RedZ

One funny thing I'm noticing on the roads is people putting in expensive high-wattage bulbs but not cleaning up or replacing their headlight housings. If you look at the lights of newer cars, even those with plain old orangish halogens, the beams are very bright because the lens housings are super clean (and obviously of better design than one's in older cars like ours)

My personal favourite is the projector headlights (you can see them on 1995+ Acura Integra's) and when combined with HID (like BMW X5).. wow.. mucho $$$ :)

You noticed that too, huh? He's still comes across like that. Having "....mbz.org" in the URL might have something to do with it. He might not have any patience for Chevy and asian import people. :?:

Heheh, well, I wasn't annoying, I just asked him if he knew of E-code headlights for the Cutlass Supreme. He replied saying I could buy E-code sealed beams (he thought I had a G-body), so I told him mine is an FWD newer Cutlass Supreme with the composite headlamps. He then replied saying he knew of no E-code headlamps for Cutlass Supremes with composite headlights, and went on to tell me that the Cutlass Supreme is a cheap, worthless car anyway, and if I want decent lighting to dump the car and get something better for which E-code headlamps are available.

All that coming from a guy that drives an ugly-ass Plymouth Acclaim (or something like that). At least he did at the time.

For a long time, I hoped that prick's business would fail, but I guess good things always happen to bad people, lol!

• 1 month later...

im buying these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33710&item=2407034287&rd=1

anyone have experience with these kinda bulbs? likes/dislikes? worth $12 shipped? i was unsure of putting them in the low beams or driving lights but decided low beams would be best. i also decided not to post whore by not creating a new topic and instead used this one 8)

EDIT: OOPS! wasnt meant to be a joke i posted the wrong link. the correct one is now there :oops:

hands down the sylvania silverstar(<----whatever its called) is the brightest, street legal bulb I have seen. Its was also highly recommended on 2-guys garage. Not saying they are God but they do no good parts because they work with them ever day. I saw them on my buddies concorde and they are wayyy brighter and clearer than my intrepids.

well im getting these mainly for the xenon-ish look. im not too concerned with brightness as long as they arent worse then my current lights then theyre fine