Laundry list o' problems

jragsdale262

OK, some of this I have my suspicions about the root cause, other I do not... my 89 GP SE

1. Car shifts like theres a midget under the seat with a sledgehammer

Usually going in 1st from a dead stop, or going to overdrive, never both

2. Car reads 90k PSI oil pressure (all the way to the right), or zero...when zero the valvetrain sounds like its about to explode, I restart the car & 90k PSI again

3. The rear end of the car, upon hitting a freeway bump, jumps at least one lane to the left in a right hand turn (I-294 just before the 173 toll plaza)

4. Car has good and bad running days, example Saturday it took 4 tries to start, idled horribly and ran like crap - Sunday ran like hell no problems

5. Loud whirr through the factory stereo, not changing with acceleration like you would expect with a ground wire issue -- occasionally the right channel will start chirping (esp on rainy days)

6. Paint peels from the top of the car in sheets, no rust just no paint

7. Headliner has fallen

6. Paint peels from the top of the car in sheets, no rust just no paint

GM had horrible paint problems around the time the car was produced. My '89 LE had the blue paint starting to chip off in patches the size of a quarter around the time I got rid of it.

Guess I'll have to have the top of the car repainted professionally, GM 8554 isn't that hard to find though. As far as the headliner, any recommendations as to who to trust?